New CTTS Song Streaming on NPR

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

RisingTIDE

Re: New CTTS Song Streaming on NPR

Post by RisingTIDE »

plagueship wrote:i'm enjoying this but probably because i'm high right now.
never really understood why this band has been such a lightning rod, i was into their first album when it came out but haven't listened much since then. they're mad pretentious and ridiculous but that can be fun sometimes.

the real question is why is this on npr?? are they really an 'influential post-hardcore' band? is npr being gradually infiltrated by screamo kids? that would be great. i listen to npr a lot and have had more than enough of soul-searching news pieces and cheesy blues or whatever. they seem to play some pretty hip indie stufffor their bumpers though
I read an interview they had with pg. 99 the other day.

plagueship

Post by plagueship »

really? where?

making this thread even funnier, i went out today and in the car (yes i listen to a lot of npr when i drive) heard some old fart named "mellow miles" reviewing 'abrasive' bands that went poppier... i was hoping it was about ctts but no, it was battles and some 90s band that still sounds like oasis.

by the end of the segment i was sure that if that dude listened to ctts or p99, his bowels, brain and/or heart woudl explode

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

plagueship wrote: by the end of the segment i was sure that if that dude listened to ctts or p99, his bowels, brain and/or heart woudl explode
So like a typical person who works for NPR?

You smack them, it would sound like glass breaking. They got shampoo for blood. They hearts got ponytails.

buckytoole

Post by buckytoole »

most discussed band on cmhwak.