Car guy thread

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

kevin

Re: Car guy thread

Post by kevin »

so jealous of australia... all the same cool cars as japan but you don't have to speak japanese

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

They even get the cool cars from American companies we don't get.

Look at every other sedan on the market today in America and just ask yourself "Why?"

Manual transmission, rear-wheel drive, turbo I6. No, it's not a Supra.

Not really my thing, but still cool.

In all honesty, as best I know, New Zealand has it the best. There are literally no restrictions of private imports whatsoever so long as the steering wheel is on their (wrong) side, and no tariffs on them either. This means you can privately import any car from Japan you want for no additional cost and with no red tape. There is actually an entire industry in New Zealand of importing used cars from Japan. Dirt cheap, too.

I mean, you'd have to get used to using your left hand to shift, which I imagine is like learning to jerk off with your left hand, but potentially worth it.

RaccoonCity

Post by RaccoonCity »

Do you have all three tops?
Nah I only have the default hatch. The others sell for a ridiculous price over here.

thievesguild

Post by thievesguild »

VitiligoJackson wrote:
thievesguild wrote:too poor also... check this out though, an '85 mr2 with 130K... also i'm pretty sure this would have the same engine that was introduced earlier on ae86 corollas

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/2717200389.html

anyone else get freaked out by craigslist adds where the seller can't pull off a complete sentence? also not sure what's going on here with the white hub caps but... ok?

here's the original mr2 that piqued my interest, gotta little sunburn on it but i bet this engine will go another 200K with little tlc.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/2612301493.html

2/3 of the body styles for this car, the post '99-00 era for this car just doesn't really do it for me.
Fuck you Franco! too poor to buy a car well how the hell do you explain this????

this is fuckin classic franco right here, i am way too easy for real... although i will say i'm sorta stoked that the first picture of me on this forum ended up being in this thread as opposed to the post a photo of yourself thread!
I'm self employed, my boss is a dick so I steal stuff.
http://albumbyalbum.blogspot.com/

VitiligoJackson

Post by VitiligoJackson »

it's my favorite franco
CitizenOfUlysses wrote:
If vitiligojackson says it's good, it's almost def good.

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

R.I.P. SAAB

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

I just got back from getting my oil changed and the garage I go to had a rust-free AE86 in there on the lift that just had that "I am owned by a woman and I have no idea what I have in my possession" look about it. On my way out I looked inside it. Manual transmission and it had girl stuff inside it, so it confirmed my suspicions.

kevin

Post by kevin »

Pete > You wrote:I just got back from getting my oil changed and the garage I go to had a rust-free AE86 in there on the lift that just had that "I am owned by a woman and I have no idea what I have in my possession" look about it. On my way out I looked inside it. Manual transmission and it had girl stuff inside it, so it confirmed my suspicions.

RaccoonCity

Post by RaccoonCity »

Pete > You » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:18 pm

I just got back from getting my oil changed and the garage I go to had a rust-free AE86 in there on the lift that just had that "I am owned by a woman and I have no idea what I have in my possession" look about it. On my way out I looked inside it. Manual transmission and it had girl stuff inside it, so it confirmed my suspicions.
Go offer to buy it man!

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

Why is that a facepalm?

I was thinking about asking about it. Then I talked myself out of it. I don't have the money to buy it, even at a what she would probably think it is worth.