Dungeons & Dragons and other role-playing games

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

gargamel

Re: Dungeons & Dragons and other role-playing games

Post by gargamel »

My wary level wizard has an AC of 34 when fully buffed. Add a headband of intellect +6, spellbook mastery, abrupt jaunt, residual magic, arcane thesis, extraordinary spell aim, silent spell and maximize and you've got one yell of a em's headache. My favorite move is dealing 18 points dex damage as a quick action using a silent maxed shivering touch with a rod of quickening and a fourth level spell and getting to do the same thing the next round as only a third level slot thanks to residual magic.

Also, I love shadowrun more than any other RPG. I'm also playing a hero system halo-style RPG my friend made up and doing a cthulhu game soon set in the 50s with the same system...I'm gonna be a greaser:)

All of that being what is is, this thread has been done before.

phantomlimb

Post by phantomlimb »

I haven't played in a while, but I gave 4.0 a shot when I was and it was okay. I liked not having to take 3 hours to set up a character (especially after my bumbling idiot paladin fell 400 feet into a ravine and died), but some of the nice details of having the customization options were missing. I'd really like to get back into it, but I just don't have the time anymore. Bummer.

relaxiwontpost

Post by relaxiwontpost »

for me, one of the most fun aspects of DnD is spending weeks on a character concept and build.

rightskewed

Post by rightskewed »

Currently DMing Pathfinder and was recently playing in an oWoD (Orpheus) game, because old things and rolling a million d10s is fun.

My LGS (http://www.gamescapesf.com/) is supposedly starting up Pathfinder Society soon, so I'll probably starting playing Pathfinder as well...I waste too much time on this shit.
i have nothing to complain about, but i know i'll still complain.

FANTASTIC WOUND

Post by FANTASTIC WOUND »

Fantasy RPGs are not skrams. The only appropriate music for fantasy is black metal.
suicides may have been a pact

thisguyisalright

Post by thisguyisalright »

FANTASTIC WOUND wrote:Fantasy RPGs are not skrams. The only appropriate music for fantasy is black metal.
Tel Fyr begs to differ. http://www.myspace.com/telfyr

FANTASTIC WOUND

thisguyisalright wrote:
FANTASTIC WOUND wrote:Fantasy RPGs are not skrams. The only appropriate music for fantasy is black metal.
IDGAF This is a matter of fact, not opinion.

thisguyisalright

Post by thisguyisalright »

FANTASTIC WOUND wrote:
thisguyisalright wrote:
IDGAF This is a matter of fact, not opinion.
Bro I've been pumping iron all day, my facts weigh more than your facts.

gargamel

Post by gargamel »

Bro I've been pumping iron all day, my facts weigh more than your facts.[/quote]
Lulz. Also, Fuck that. Black metal sucks for tabletop gaming as does almost anything with vocals. Basil paledouris is my favorite for fantasy but I use a lot of different stuff. Mainly orchestral movie soundtracks.

FANTASTIC WOUND

gargamel wrote:Bro I've been pumping iron all day, my facts weigh more than your facts.

Lulz. Also, Fuck that. Black metal sucks for tabletop gaming as does almost anything with vocals. Basil paledouris is my favorite for fantasy but I use a lot of different stuff. Mainly orchestral movie soundtracks.[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddHbFfa35aI

Listen to this and tell me it doesn't conjure up dreams of cleaving orcs in two. (Forget the fact these Russkies or whatever the fuck they are are Nazis)