RIP COMADRE 2004-2013

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

thisguyisalright

Re: RIP COMADRE 2004-2013

Post by thisguyisalright »

Relemo, that show sounds completely fucking awesome. Comadre is backed even harder than they were before. Their s/t is probably my favorite album of 2013 so far (fuck you all, it came out in December, it counts)

thebigmin

Post by thebigmin »

i'll be at the show on the 29th in Oakland than the show at the Che Cafe

Comadre saved my life

CitizenOfUlysses

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pygmyprieta

Post by pygmyprieta »

Last edited by pygmyprieta on Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dannzac

Post by dannzac »

pygmyprieta wrote:
thebigmin wrote:i'll be at the show on the 29th in Oakland than the show at the Che Cafe

Comadre saved my life
Say hi to the guys in malon,
thyr some pretty cool dudes
I saw Malon open for a couple of friend's bands at the Che a while back and they did NOT have their shit together. I think they were playing with a new drummer (who was really good when he knew what was going on, which was only like 30% of the time) or something but, regardless, it seemed like they had just formed the week before, practiced once or twice and it was really just kind of awkward.

On a side note, during their last song their guitarist's strap fell off and everyone was just watching him struggle with it so I stepped up and tried to help out but their singer told me to forget it. (MUSICIANS/GUITARISTS: would you want somebody to help out if this happened to you? I always see it happen and I feel like nobody ever tries to help and this has been something I've always been curious about)

Anyways, they then proceeded to hang out outside smoking cigarettes for the rest of the show which kind of sucked for obvious reasons and because I felt like they were cool dudes that definitely had the right idea about what kind of music they wanted to play and I wanted to try and hang out but whatever I guess. I'm just now giving their recorded stuff a chance and it doesn't suck very much at all and I'm pretty sure some of them volunteer at the Che so I wont write them off just yet.

crockett5o5o

Post by crockett5o5o »

dannzac wrote:On a side note, during their last song their guitarist's strap fell off and everyone was just watching him struggle with it so I stepped up and tried to help out but their singer told me to forget it. (MUSICIANS/GUITARISTS: would you want somebody to help out if this happened to you? I always see it happen and I feel like nobody ever tries to help and this has been something I've always been curious about)
I completely agree with what you did. In my opinion that's what you do when anyone from a band is having difficulties with something easily fixable. Its really annoying when people just stand there and watch. What's up with the singer saying to forget it though?
riderofbrohan wrote: the Bermuda Triangle of Skram exists as far as i'm concerned.

riderofbrohan

Post by riderofbrohan »

my socks were rocked clean off! Comadre, you will be missed.

arewehavingfunyet

Post by arewehavingfunyet »

Seeing them At Aladdin Jrs on the 5th and definitely catching that Che Show. Major bummer but I feel like I can confidently say that that Che show will be one of the buckest Che shows to go down ever.

loagaeth

Post by loagaeth »

what really pisses me off is that i never had the chance to see them live.
and they cancelled their CMAR show. ugh -.-

nayru

Post by nayru »

dannzac wrote:
pygmyprieta wrote:
thebigmin wrote:i'll be at the show on the 29th in Oakland than the show at the Che Cafe

Comadre saved my life
I saw Malon open for a couple of friend's bands at the Che a while back and they did NOT have their shit together. I think they were playing with a new drummer (who was really good when he knew what was going on, which was only like 30% of the time) or something but, regardless, it seemed like they had just formed the week before, practiced once or twice and it was really just kind of awkward.

On a side note, during their last song their guitarist's strap fell off and everyone was just watching him struggle with it so I stepped up and tried to help out but their singer told me to forget it. (MUSICIANS/GUITARISTS: would you want somebody to help out if this happened to you? I always see it happen and I feel like nobody ever tries to help and this has been something I've always been curious about)

Anyways, they then proceeded to hang out outside smoking cigarettes for the rest of the show which kind of sucked for obvious reasons and because I felt like they were cool dudes that definitely had the right idea about what kind of music they wanted to play and I wanted to try and hang out but whatever I guess. I'm just now giving their recorded stuff a chance and it doesn't suck very much at all and I'm pretty sure some of them volunteer at the Che so I wont write them off just yet.
dannzac wrote:
pygmyprieta wrote:

Comadre saved my life

Yo yo yo, I wish I could apologize to everyone who witnessed us play that night.... I don't want to make excuses as to why we were so terrible because I honestly don't really know. The biggest problem was that the guitarists were using unfamiliar amps that we borrowed from Colossal Rex (who were tight as fuck) and were too stubborn to bring tuners. So I'm pretty sure every god damn song was out of tune, which I really didn't know how to fix, cuz I remember hearing us play Socks and Socks and Socks and it was unbearable (douchebag singer here). About the guitar strap... fuck, I don't even know why I denied help from you when you were actually nice enough to help when we were already playing so terribly. I think I was frustrated with the situation and embarrassed out of my mind and I just thought that it would be weird for you to help him out, idk. I have no excuse for that shit.

Our drummer Troy is phenomenal and I'm uncertain as to what happened that night with him. He smokes a lot of weed so that could have been it, but I'm not gonna blame it on that. Our whole set was out of whack and it was one of the most embarrassing moments I've ever been through, but I hope it doesn't tarnish Malon's name just because a bunch of teenagers goofed off too much.

I don't know about the other members of Malon, but I watched the rest of the bands! They were super good and made me feel really stupid about our set because they were 100 times better than we were. The show we played in LA with Tiny Moving Parts the next day was leagues better and I wish everyone who had seen us the first night could have seen our second set. Oh well. Thank you for the criticism, though. I now know what to do and what not to do when playing a show.