Did anyone here see Mineral live?

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

iTooHaveAHeart

Did anyone here see Mineral live?

Post by iTooHaveAHeart »

I am working in collaboration with someone from another forum to put together a Mineral tribute website. As part of this project, we're trying to compile a list of the date and location of every show Mineral played from from 1994-1997. We have oodles of dates cataloged, but don't have a complete list yet.

Would anyone here happen to have seen Mineral live? If so, do you remember the date and/or location, or have any memories or even photos that you might be willing to share? Any help would be vastly appreciated.

Thanks,

itha<3
danfitforbattle wrote:i once mistook calculator for texas instruments and was disappointed when i couldn't recognize any of the songs they played.
FANTASTIC WOUND wrote:My mom still opccasionally wears my knock-off Saetia tee when she's gardening.

ifp

Re: Did anyone here see Mineral live?

Post by ifp »

I played with them sometime in the spring of 1997 at club soda pop in Wilkes barre, pa. Lineup was youandi, mid Carson July, cursive, jejune, the get up kids and mineral.

I remember being terribly disappointed in mineral's live show. It lacked energy and enthusiasm.

klefmop

Post by klefmop »

ifp wrote:I played with them sometime in the spring of 1997 at club soda pop in Wilkes barre, pa. Lineup was youandi, mid Carson July, cursive, jejune, the get up kids and mineral.

I remember being terribly disappointed in mineral's live show. It lacked energy and enthusiasm.
I remember you posting something about this in some thread. I'm not surprised that they were boring live. I've never seen any videos of them but I imagined it being pretty bad/boring
thebigmin wrote:Screamo Will Never Die

-thebigmin

relaxiwontpost

Post by relaxiwontpost »

I like everything I've seen by them live. they're not energetic at all. rather brooding and introverted. I understand that some might consider it boring.

@OP I didn't see them myself (too young and too not in the US), but if you want I can ask chris about this. he might have a gigography lying around. also I know a guy who's really into old emo shows VHS collecting, so I could ask him as well.

ifp

Post by ifp »

my bad, that show was summer of 1997.

iTooHaveAHeart

Post by iTooHaveAHeart »

ifp wrote:I played with them sometime in the spring of 1997 at club soda pop in Wilkes barre, pa. Lineup was youandi, mid Carson July, cursive, jejune, the get up kids and mineral.
Rad, thanks! :)

edit: was that as a part of Wilkes-Barre fest?
relaxiwontpost wrote:@OP I didn't see them myself (too young and too not in the US), but if you want I can ask chris about this. he might have a gigography lying around.
That could be very useful. I'll have to check with the guy I'm doing this with though, I think he wanted to have the site up and running before contacting any of the band members.
relaxiwontpost wrote:also I know a guy who's really into old emo shows VHS collecting, so I could ask him as well.
HOLY SHIT. That would be incredibly great. What's his name, if you don't mind my asking? I'm interested in that as well (with extremely limited success, though), but I haven't encountered anyone else who is as well.
danfitforbattle wrote:i once mistook calculator for texas instruments and was disappointed when i couldn't recognize any of the songs they played.
FANTASTIC WOUND wrote:My mom still opccasionally wears my knock-off Saetia tee when she's gardening.

thebigmin

Post by thebigmin »

one time i cried to Gloria driving home...after my soccer team lost a game in high school. This was in 2003, I was 16 or 17.

hold me bruhs

ifp

Post by ifp »

The show was not part of Wilkes Barre Fest. To my knowledge Mineral never played that fest.

klefmop

Post by klefmop »

ifp wrote:The show was not part of Wilkes Barre Fest. To my knowledge Mineral never played that fest.
didn't you say that you saw ...of death live too?
thebigmin wrote:Screamo Will Never Die

-thebigmin

relaxiwontpost

Post by relaxiwontpost »

iTooHaveAHeart wrote:
relaxiwontpost wrote:also I know a guy who's really into old emo shows VHS collecting, so I could ask him as well.
HOLY SHIT. That would be incredibly great. What's his name, if you don't mind my asking? I'm interested in that as well (with extremely limited success, though), but I haven't encountered anyone else who is as well.
Apparently all of my emails with him was using an old, now non-existing email account, so I don't have his details any longer. =/

I'll let you know if I stumble upon them.