bands that get called "screamo" because they were on LP

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

constant

Re: bands that get called "screamo" because they were on LP

Post by constant »

i can't tell if that post is serious or not, but i'll bite: LP = Level Plane

jives

Post by jives »

bee wrote:I can understand confusion between genres... that is being unsure whether something is screamo or hardcore or whatever because they are pretty broad genres, but I don't see ANY logic WHATSOEVER in thinking something is screamo because it's released as an lp. Like, who does that? Are they oblivious to the fact that vinyl lp releases are not exclusive to screamo, or even to hardcore? Indie bands, hip hop, electronic, house music, etc. all release lps. Fuck, I've even seen an lp version of the Twilight soundtrack.
Wow..........just wow.

Josefine

Post by Josefine »

constant wrote:i can't tell if that post is serious or not, but i'll bite: LP = Level Plane
obvious troll :roll:
We're not using satanic imagery to offend anyone... We're doing it to offend christians.

alexander

Post by alexander »

bee wrote:I can understand confusion between genres... that is being unsure whether something is screamo or hardcore or whatever because they are pretty broad genres, but I don't see ANY logic WHATSOEVER in thinking something is screamo because it's released as an lp. Like, who does that? Are they oblivious to the fact that vinyl lp releases are not exclusive to screamo, or even to hardcore? Indie bands, hip hop, electronic, house music, etc. all release lps. Fuck, I've even seen an lp version of the Twilight soundtrack.
I didn't know LP put out the Twilight Soundtrack. is this true???

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

alexander wrote:idk about Braid, but Mineral were considered an emo band from their inception.
How are you not a fake account? Wouldn't you have been like six when this band was around, anyway?

alexander

Post by alexander »

give it a rest. you are beginning to become annoying and then some with all this "fake account" joking.

anyone can read interviews and other things on the Internet. I happen to know one of the lads as well. and they were - according to him - always labelled an emo band. he did not understand what this meant at the time though, and thought they were simply referring to that they played Emo's in Austin a lot. i.e. that they were an "Emo's band", and not an emo band. which I find hilarious.

ghostknifer

Post by ghostknifer »

Josefine wrote:
i'm pretty certain that bands associated with screamo and those kinds of hardcore put out more vinyl than bands in almost any other genre.
wow, these two posts.

neck_cannon

Post by neck_cannon »

someone lock this thread.

weatherbox

Post by weatherbox »

cmhwak is bwak!

Josefine

Post by Josefine »

ghostknifer wrote:
Josefine wrote:
i'm pretty certain that bands associated with screamo and those kinds of hardcore put out more vinyl than bands in almost any other genre.
wow, these two posts.
(shush, i was playing along :( )
We're not using satanic imagery to offend anyone... We're doing it to offend christians.