OFFICIAL ORCHID/JEROMES DREAM 10''SKULL SPLIT OWNER'S THREAD

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

TomAnderson

Re: OFFICIAL ORCHID/JEROMES DREAM 10''SKULL SPLIT OWNER'S THREAD

Post by TomAnderson »

If this goes for more than $30 I'm going to laugh because the dude started it with a Buy It Now of $30.

BROOTALPOODLE

Post by BROOTALPOODLE »

i guess ill just have to wait until the next skull split pops up on ebay, so i can be an asshat and do that auto bid thingy
“I just want to change the way people look at music or maybe just destroy it in general.” -Justin Pearson

TomAnderson

Post by TomAnderson »

I'd like to get my hands on a glow in the dark skull some day, but I'd want the screen print job to be a little better than that one.

neck_cannon

Post by neck_cannon »

Pete > You wrote:the After School Knife Fight (that band THAT band)/Eyes of Verotika(?) split as a holy grail just because they're so rare.
I talked to After School Knife Fight vocalist Jacen Beers via email a few years ago (like last year lul) and he mentioned that they never did one split, they did do two songs that were supposed to be for a split named Robots Are Scary and A Bizarre Tale. He then went on to mention that they broke up and as Our Last Days As Children (members of ASKF for those of you that didn't know) they used the songs on a split 7" with a synth pop band named Droom.

After I put up our talk on myspace (because Jacen let me/didn't care/didn't know) I was contacted by an ex member of ASKF saying that I was lying and I had to explain to him that it was Jacen's account; I forget but the main difference was that the split 7" wasn't as Our Last Days As Children but as After School Knife Fight... anyways I can't remember.

Totally a mystery to me.

That's what makes this split the Screamo/Emo Holy Grail.

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

neck_cannon wrote:
Pete > You wrote:the After School Knife Fight (that band THAT band)/Eyes of Verotika(?) split as a holy grail just because they're so rare.
I talked to After School Knife Fight vocalist Jacen Beers via email a few years ago (like last year lul) and he mentioned that they never did one split, they did do two songs that were supposed to be for a split named Robots Are Scary and A Bizarre Tale. He then went on to mention that they broke up and as Our Last Days As Children (members of ASKF for those of you that didn't know) they used the songs on a split 7" with a synth pop band named Droom.

After I put up our talk on myspace (because Jacen let me/didn't care/didn't know) I was contacted by an ex member of ASKF saying that I was lying and I had to explain to him that it was Jacen's account; I forget but the main difference was that the split 7" wasn't as Our Last Days As Children but as After School Knife Fight... anyways I can't remember.

Totally a mystery to me.

That's what makes this split the Screamo/Emo Holy Grail.
I have that OLDAC/Droom split. I am the only person I know or have come across that has it. The main reason the ASKF (that band) split is such a holy grail is because it was never actually pressed, and only like seven test presses exist.

Eric

Post by Eric »

TomAnderson

Post by TomAnderson »

66 bucks?!!! SO FAR?! man! whoever broke the BIN of 30 buy bidding 15 feels like a tool now!

steven

Post by steven »

Pete > You wrote: Yeah, it actually isn't all that rare. I'd probably go with the Neil Perry 5" or the After School Knife Fight (that band THAT band)/Eyes of Verotika(?) split as a holy grail just because they're so rare.
there was a split 7" between eyes of verotika/our last days as children which never made it past test pressings, so only 5 exist. the band members of EOV didn't even have copies. used to be a top want of mine, but i finally tracked one down on VLV!

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

That's what I said in the other post but it was ASKF (that band) not OLDAC.

steven

Post by steven »

yeah, i was just clarifying it was a split with OLDAS; there isn't a EOV/ASKF split.