hangover cures

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

yakbiddalz

Re: hangover cures

Post by yakbiddalz »

Basically Adderall XR. Takes like 2 hours to kick in, far less effective, but lasts about 10 hours.

Thefallingnightmare

Post by Thefallingnightmare »

last 10 hours and is less effective? fuck the health care industry.

chewing tinfoil

Post by chewing tinfoil »

whenever i'm really hung over i take some sleeppills, and sleep some more. really, sleep/recovery is the only good thing. not sure taking those pills during daytime is a good idea but whatever.

funny thing is i always crave for fresh orange juice, but nothing else that's healthy. greasy stuff such as fast food and french fries wih OJ it is.

i took some aspirin/ibuprofen/painkillers but they just help against the headache, right?

i drink lots of water before i go to sleep.. 4 glasses at least, and take a bottle with me. usually when i go out drink i just drink beers and "forget" to order a juice or something that has no alcohol so i get really thirsty during the night.

i wish there was some miracle pill that could cure hangovers.. there's a great party tonight which starts after midnight, but i have to get up tomorrow at half past 8 for an interview.

related question; what do you do when you slept only 3 hours or so and want to function normal during the day? i go for lots of tea, ginseng tea (or tablets), take some time to eat fruits... but nothing seems to help really except to go to bed and crash for a few hours. when i was in my early twenties i could stand a night without sleep but now i turned into a total pussy about getting enough sleep.

Thefallingnightmare

Post by Thefallingnightmare »

there is a hang over pill. theyre always at gas stations.i heard they work pretty well too. your supposed to take them after your second drink or something like that the night before.

buckytoole

Post by buckytoole »

chewing tinfoil wrote: related question; what do you do when you slept only 3 hours or so and want to function normal during the day? i go for lots of tea, ginseng tea (or tablets), take some time to eat fruits... but nothing seems to help really except to go to bed and crash for a few hours. when i was in my early twenties i could stand a night without sleep but now i turned into a total pussy about getting enough sleep.
ya generally just gotta find time for a nap... (work hammocks, anyone?)

sleep cycles can play a part too... supposedly it takes something like 3-4 hours to complete one cycle (that's why sometimes you wake up at like 8am like wow i'm totally ready to wake up, but then you sleep til 10 and wake up halfway between another and feel even more tired)... so trying to figure that can sometimes help?

having energy is probably the most important thing if you're running on less sleep? so eat?

BROOTALPOODLE

Post by BROOTALPOODLE »

chewing tinfoil wrote:
related question; what do you do when you slept only 3 hours or so and want to function normal during the day? i go for lots of tea, ginseng tea (or tablets), take some time to eat fruits... but nothing seems to help really except to go to bed and crash for a few hours. when i was in my early twenties i could stand a night without sleep but now i turned into a total pussy about getting enough sleep.
i am a total pussy when it comes to sleep if i don't get 5-7 hours i'm a little bitch the next day. when i am sleep deprived i usually take quick naps when ever possible, even if its a 5 minute nap. taking a hot shower as soon as i wake up helps get me going.
“I just want to change the way people look at music or maybe just destroy it in general.” -Justin Pearson

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

Thefallingnightmare wrote:last 10 hours and is less effective? fuck the health care industry.
It's like they're not even thinking about how people can abuse them!

kunoichi

Post by kunoichi »

buckytoole wrote:
chewing tinfoil wrote: related question; what do you do when you slept only 3 hours or so and want to function normal during the day? i go for lots of tea, ginseng tea (or tablets), take some time to eat fruits... but nothing seems to help really except to go to bed and crash for a few hours. when i was in my early twenties i could stand a night without sleep but now i turned into a total pussy about getting enough sleep.
ya generally just gotta find time for a nap... (work hammocks, anyone?)

sleep cycles can play a part too... supposedly it takes something like 3-4 hours to complete one cycle (that's why sometimes you wake up at like 8am like wow i'm totally ready to wake up, but then you sleep til 10 and wake up halfway between another and feel even more tired)... so trying to figure that can sometimes help?

having energy is probably the most important thing if you're running on less sleep? so eat?
Power nap is my friend. I sleep in trains on my way to work. Then wake up on my stop.
And lots of green tea.

chewing tinfoil

Post by chewing tinfoil »

i can't sleep without medication.. i'm pretty jealous at people who can just recover by having a two/three hour nap in the afternoon. i can be sleepy as hell, or just finished four hours at the fitness... i stay restless even if i didn't sleep enough.

so my only option is food, tea...

yeah brootalpuddle , i hear ya... if i don't get 6 hours of sleep i'm an asshole/socially retarded/zombie the day after. the only thing that gets me in a more active mood is beers but i try to avoid those on day's i'm hungover

trent_pee

Post by trent_pee »

sleep when you're fuckin' dead.