Fuck this girl, seriously.

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

brianutatx

Re: Fuck this girl, seriously.

Post by brianutatx »

Check it out I'll sum it up like this everybody. Save the whales (Japan I'm looking at you) and instead kill the Christians. The world will be full of harmony, whales don't even practice religions they just sing all day in the oceans, thats way more punk than Humans.

Let's recap:
Punks > Christians & whales = punks . The World - Christians = Harmonious .

I'll take my college diploma now . Thank You

kunoichi

Post by kunoichi »

brianutatx wrote:Check it out I'll sum it up like this everybody. Save the whales (Japan I'm looking at you) and instead kill the Christians. The world will be full of harmony, whales don't even practice religions they just sing all day in the oceans, thats way more punk than Humans.

Let's recap:
Punks > Christians & whales = punks . The World - Christians = Harmonious .

I'll take my college diploma now . Thank You
Brilliant synthesis.

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

I want to preface all of this by stating you did not address the question at hand whatsoever.

thievesguild wrote: all i'm asking is: is it so hard to believe that people would sympathize with what she said? 374 likes, 11,636 dislikes sounds about right...
No, it isn't hard to believe some people would, but to say a substantial amount do? Yes, that is hard to believe. I don't know what "sounds about right" about the like/dislike numbers, other than people overwhelmingly don't like it, which would seem to be contrary to what you're shooting for.

How many "likes" are jokes?
thievesguild wrote: obviously no one should uphold beliefs that when there is an earthquake in an "atheist country" it means their prayers have been answered. and fuck any value system that leads to that.
So no one is allowed to have unpopular views? Or even views contrary to what you find agreeable? I really don't think you understand the full implications of what you're saying.

How about when the mohammedans said Hurricane Katrina was punishment from Allah because we're not mohammedans? Point is, this shit happens all the time during disasters as "proof" your deity of choice is punishing your perceived enemies, and it is fucking stupid. Saying this is something people shouldn't be allowed to do or think? Guess you better start gassing up the trucks to bring people to the gulags.
thievesguild wrote:also, i was born in california and i've lived in missouri for the last 6 years (dont know how you can get any more "middle america" that that), and i've seen a huge difference in the amount of bigotry and prejudice i've seen on a DAILY basis as compared to where i was raised.
I was born in New Jersey and now I live in a state that borders Missouri; Tennessee. In my experience, people are way less bigoted here. Guess our experiences cancel themselves out? My point with this is is that stating that an entire region or class of people, which probably numbers in the 100-200 million or so range, are of some sort of singular mind and that contempt for them is somehow justified is unwarranted, dumb, and directly contradictory to what you said in your first post and in your entire "argument" thereafter. You're saying it is "wrong" for people to post youtube videos, which may or may not be jokes, saying that a people are deserving of contempt, but it is okay to say that a people are deserving of contempt. What?

thievesguild

Post by thievesguild »

Pete > You wrote:Point is, this shit happens all the time during disasters as "proof" your deity of choice is punishing your perceived enemies, and it is fucking stupid.
so are we agreeing with each other in some strange round-about way? someone get me a venn diagram so i know what were trying to convince each other of here. "what-she-said-was-stupid-but-she-has-the-right-to-say-it-and-doesn't-fairly-represent-most-religious-people-but-yeah-there-are-probably-crackpots-out-there-that-do-think-like-this-but-i-shouldn't-have-made-such-a-broad-generalization-because-here-we-are-two-days-later-getting-nowhere..." i will admit that i did enjoy it just a little bit though hehe.

bonus fact: i lived in arkansas also, so chalk us up for sharing another state line while were at it. if i ever visit tennessee i'll be sure to listen to plenty of paul simon on the way, and maybe even buy you a yazoo i've been hearing so much of
I'm self employed, my boss is a dick so I steal stuff.
http://albumbyalbum.blogspot.com/

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

We never disagreed.

thievesguild

Post by thievesguild »

well played sir, cmhwak'ing never felt so damn right. Although, i feel a little let down that garrett (where you at vj?) didn't chime in playing devils advocate to a crazy ass viewpoint like "fuck atheists, how do you think the video made the tsunami feel???"

i'm going to hell for that one ; )

did i just open the terrible pun floodgates?

...i already regret this post so much... so pete for the sake of knowing, what are your thoughts on the subject of religion? pm me or whatever but i'd like to know at this point... might as well really contradict that "polite" comment i made earlier if were actually going to blow this thread as wide open as it deserves to be... oh mod be swift and merciful! haha ok last one i'm done PROMISE.

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by the polite comment, or mod justice, but to answer you're question, I'm Catholic-Agnostic, in the ritualistic and hyper-personal cult of utility sense of it. I say agnostic as well since I do not know, nor care, about the supernatural aspects of my religion. Whether or not a God exists, a heaven exists, Jesus was real, ect., are not even questions I deem entertainable, and their answers are irrelevant to me anyway. This can be more easily conceptualized by the statement that I am "religious but not spiritual", the reversal of the usual "spiritual but not religious" trendy tripe of the last few decades. Incidentally, I have nothing but utter contempt for these people, so my hands aren't clean either. Catholicism is an inseparable part of my culture and to deny it would be nothing more than an act of concession to the social-imperialistic order of things. I go along with the ritual because I feel it important to my cultural identity, but I am agnostic about any of the spirituality. I also find being a theist, of any stripe, is a necessary prerequisite for some of my political beliefs.

This is why I asked that "Christian" not be genericized. If that video is real, then she is most surely some kind of Protestant. Catholics and Eastern Orthodox Christians, who would fall into the general "Christian" category, should not be painted with the same brush.

VitiligoJackson

Post by VitiligoJackson »

thievesguild wrote:well played sir, cmhwak'ing never felt so damn right. Although, i feel a little let down that garrett (where you at vj?) didn't chime in playing devils advocate to a crazy ass viewpoint like "fuck atheists, how do you think the video made the tsunami feel???"

i'm going to hell for that one ; )

did i just open the terrible pun floodgates?

...i already regret this post so much... so pete for the sake of knowing, what are your thoughts on the subject of religion? pm me or whatever but i'd like to know at this point... might as well really contradict that "polite" comment i made earlier if were actually going to blow this thread as wide open as it deserves to be... oh mod be swift and merciful! haha ok last one i'm done PROMISE.
yeah...sorry fella i was a tad preoccupied yesterday. on the bright side guy you know me all too well and i would have backed the tsunami's feelings because we all know he was just doing his thing it's not his fault he was just shoved by offshore earthquakes. dude's trippin.
CitizenOfUlysses wrote:
If vitiligojackson says it's good, it's almost def good.

thievesguild

Post by thievesguild »

baptized catholic (i'm half italian, half mexican so there was no avoiding that), used to go to church infrequently as a child but when a lot of my family became "born again" tensions grew at family gatherings as there was a push to convert and at that point my mom and dad sorta shied away from organized religion and spoke to me a more candidly about thinking for yourself and basing judgements not on preconceptions. i guess secular humanism in a round about way?

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

How the fuck can you be a "born again Catholic"?