ATTN: PEOPLE WHO STILL LIKE CTTS

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

viva_h8

ATTN: PEOPLE WHO STILL LIKE CTTS

Post by viva_h8 »

i've abandoned them.
between kickstarter and the legion of weiners who donated 500+ dollars each to pre-order a test press.

just to let everyone know... Kathy-- the bass player-- is married to the dude who owns the studio.... really?

Fuck.

neck_cannon

Re: ATTN: PEOPLE WHO STILL LIKE CTTS

Post by neck_cannon »

dude, shut the fuck up.

kevin

Post by kevin »

troll band

brianutatx

Post by brianutatx »

viva_h8 wrote:i've abandoned them.
between kickstarter and the legion of weiners who donated 500+ dollars each to pre-order a test press.

just to let everyone know... Kathy-- the bass player-- is married to the dude who owns the studio.... really?

Fuck.
Who cares what you think. I don't even really give a shit about CTTS but all this flak they're getting for raising money via voluntary based donations from fans is ridiculous. They are broke musicians if people who are less broke want to give them money to buy butt plugs and cocaine I could care less, its a market system. I care about their music being good or not. There are like 100 other bands including bands talked about on this board that are related to screamo that suck way more than CTTS but I don't see people talking mad shit on those bands for sucking.

If CTTS was hunting whales, beating up orphans, or holding KKK rallies then I could see abandoning a band because of the things they are doing outside of their music. I seriously don't need an update from anyone who has decided to abandon a band. If I'm in the minority on this feeling I'll make sure and make a thread for every band I'm abandoning because I think they suck, and let me tell ya there are alot of crappy screamo bands I have abandonded because of their crappy musical output.
Last edited by brianutatx on Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seansucks

Post by seansucks »

what i want to know is why it matters? aren't there far greater things to complain about than a band that's already hated by atleast half of this board?
besides, it's the fanbois who decide to shell out that money, who are we to say what people can spend their money on. it's whatever.
i'm into metalcore now.

buckytoole

Post by buckytoole »

seansucks wrote:what i want to know is why it matters? aren't there far greater things to complain about than a band that's already hated by atleast half of this board?
...something to do...
too early to hit the bar...

BROOTALPOODLE

Post by BROOTALPOODLE »

i can't stand this band as much as the next but i could care less that they are taking donations. if one of my favorite bands needed money to record their album i'd consider donating if i got something in return. i definitely wouldn't give any more than 10 dollars, but still.
“I just want to change the way people look at music or maybe just destroy it in general.” -Justin Pearson

ingoodhands

Post by ingoodhands »

viva_h8 wrote:i've abandoned them.

Fuck.
Cute, you saw the vlv thread

steven

Post by steven »

i'm totally with viva_h8 on this one.

kickstarter and asking for donations is stupid.

if you don't believe in yourself, your band, your label, etc. enough to put your own money into it, fuck that shit. financial risk comes with any sort of band, business, or creative endeavor. punk rock/hardcore/screamo/whatever you call it is a labor or love and you shouldn't be having your fans fund something so you can make even more money off them (selling the album to them later for more money in this case, since most of the donation packages do not include a copy of the album, so it's not even a pre-order)

viva_h8

Post by viva_h8 »

see i've come to accept people are going to do things of this nature, but CTTS has other means of puting out a record. Plenty of Labels would put out their shit, hell i'm sure someone on this boar would. Taking an advanced Pre-Order on petty items that isn't even worth it (35 dollar t-shirt?) is wrong. Bands of this stature don't need donations when they are in such a position. Donate to Doctors without Borders (not the red cross), who gives a fuck about this album and it's stupid ass over blown concept. get over yourself. read some fucking books (i might suggest crying of lot 49). the record is gonna suck.

i really hope they just blow the 8 grand. putting out a record costs around 2.... lol 4evr.