bootlegged JD demo tape on ebay! watch out!

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

xinskramzwecrustx

bootlegged JD demo tape on ebay! watch out!

Post by xinskramzwecrustx »

saw this one ebay recently and noticed something a little odd about this tape. look at this
JD demo tape. pay attention to the cassette tape...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jeromes-Dream-DEMO- ... _500wt_921

then look at another demo tape the same person is selling, again pay attention to the cassette tape...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Direct-Control-Demo ... _500wt_921

what are the chances that both those bands have their material on 60 minute maxell cassette tapes and are for sale from the same seller? what band can afford 60 minute blank tapes from one of the largest and most expensive blank cassette tape manufacturers in the world anyway? anyone can go buy these same tapes at walmart or whatever in packs of 5. this guy is clearly bootlegging these demos. don't pay $20.00+ for something that isn't authentic! message him and tell him you will pay him $2.00 or nothing for it!!!

ColinB

Re: bootlegged JD demo tape on ebay! watch out!

Post by ColinB »

I recognize that name. They post on vlv or df.

Not saying that changes anything, because I don't know if the tape is legit or not.

chris709scott

Post by chris709scott »

hmm does anyone know what these actually look like?

I posted on here before about the jerome's dream demo and someone said they were going to post pictures of it but they never did.

jeremy

Post by jeremy »

those were pretty common back in the day. You could get 12 packs super cheap at any store. Not saying that disproves anything, but those were pretty much all I used.

xinskramzwecrustx

that tape is far from legit, believe me. i messaged him last night about whether or not it was a boot and he said "caught me. so what? who cares about all these terrible screamo demos anyways? what does it matter to a little piss ant like you?" fucker totally took down the tape listing too!

chris709scott

Post by chris709scott »

I CARE.

what an asshole though, even if they did do their cassettes on regular ones like those i'd think that most of them would be in not so near mint condition such as that one. I have the entire discography at this point(minus the demo) and each record case looks old. I'm sure when someone picked up the JD demo at whatever show they didn't vacuum seal it up and set it aside knowing that the band would be collectors material.

xinskramzwecrustx

yeah that dude can eat a dick. this just shocked me because this was the first screamo bootleg tape i've ever seen. i mean i've seen hundreds of punk and hardcore bootleg tapes and even punk distros that bootleg tapes, but never any screamo ones.

pennyarcade

Post by pennyarcade »

my JD cassette is on a 60 minute maxell tape. just saying.

jcamps

Post by jcamps »

I have a few demos that are on 90 min tapes for no reason as well-wolves, piebald, xfilesx...i'm sure it was easy enough to buy a pack back in the day and just dub

saalt

Post by saalt »

There is no Jeromes Dream demo tape. The only one that was ever on ebay was a mix tape the seller said his friend made for him in the 90s.