capsule - no ghost

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

Gnarlin Gnartree

Re: capsule - no ghost

Post by Gnarlin Gnartree »

exactly/\nothing wrote:the vocals remind me of the kidcrash except one octave range lower, i don't know if anybody else gets that impression. similar shouting with subtle harmonies effect.

i've never really listened to capsule very much but i'm astounded at the guitar/drum chops and the synchronicity of syncopated rhythms executed. this album is quite refreshing and most certainly unorthodox.

which member/s were in tunes for bears to dance to?
I think the old drummer/new bassist only?? Not positive though.

wounderaser

Post by wounderaser »

Gnarlin Gnartree wrote:
exactly/\nothing wrote:the vocals remind me of the kidcrash except one octave range lower, i don't know if anybody else gets that impression. similar shouting with subtle harmonies effect.

i've never really listened to capsule very much but i'm astounded at the guitar/drum chops and the synchronicity of syncopated rhythms executed. this album is quite refreshing and most certainly unorthodox.

the new bassist is their old drummer, who did most of the vocals before. hahaha, it definitely does sound like kidcrash but an octave lower.. i see it for sure.

haft used to be in monarcs too, which i don't know the story about at all. they sound almost exactly like capsule, instead in another tuning and with higher singing.

pennyarcade

Post by pennyarcade »

Colin and Eric were both in Tunes for bears to dance to, playing the same instruments they are now.
Ryan and Eric (and i think colin joined later?) were in monarcs. you should all be jamming apocalyptic bebop.

Gnarlin Gnartree

Post by Gnarlin Gnartree »

wounderaser wrote:
Gnarlin Gnartree wrote:

the new bassist is their old drummer, who did most of the vocals before. hahaha, it definitely does sound like kidcrash but an octave lower.. i see it for sure.

haft used to be in monarcs too, which i don't know the story about at all. they sound almost exactly like capsule, instead in another tuning and with higher singing.
Yeah, I meant the slash to indicate they where the same person who occupied two different instruments over time.

windowshopforlove

Post by windowshopforlove »

These dudes are so talented. Totally forgot about this, so thanks for posting it.

Bentwreck

Post by Bentwreck »

This record is so so so so so so so good. Top 10 material, holy shite.
Gnarlin Gnartree wrote:Will Killingsworth and Jayson Green traveled to France and brought Screamo back with them. It was being oppressed by the French government.

fil+h

Post by fil+h »

I ripped this to Mediafire for those of you who just CANT WAIT ANYMORE.

http://www.mediafire.com/?pus69i0cz1ni2qk

Bentwreck

Post by Bentwreck »

^ How's the quality? It's been uploaded at 320kbps for a little while now.
Gnarlin Gnartree wrote:Will Killingsworth and Jayson Green traveled to France and brought Screamo back with them. It was being oppressed by the French government.

buckytoole

Post by buckytoole »

fil+h wrote:I ripped this to Mediafire for those of you who just CANT WAIT ANYMORE.

http://www.mediafire.com/?pus69i0cz1ni2qk
appresh.

Goatsego

Post by Goatsego »

They're playing here this weekend I believe. It's also the 10,000 Leagues record release. Should be good times.