chat?

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

ghostknifer

Re: chat?

Post by ghostknifer »

alexander wrote: in any event, you're pointless bashing of me and my ideas are quite uninteresting, because you obviously lack any substantial theoretical or practical background on the subject. insinuating that I do not know how to have fun, or that I suffer mental retardations, or that the ethical downsides of proprietary software is of no importance at all - does not really shout «I know what I am talking about, and you are wrong on the matter».
i love norwegians.

iKichigai

Post by iKichigai »

ghostknifer wrote:
alexander wrote: in any event, you're pointless bashing of me and my ideas are quite uninteresting, because you obviously lack any substantial theoretical or practical background on the subject. insinuating that I do not know how to have fun, or that I suffer mental retardations, or that the ethical downsides of proprietary software is of no importance at all - does not really shout «I know what I am talking about, and you are wrong on the matter».
i love norwegians.
実存は本質に先立つ。
http://www.myspace.com/caitlynbailey

matt

Post by matt »

alexander wrote:@matt

I play games and use software on Gentoo Linux. I have multiple other operating systems available (including Windows variants) for operating system esoteric programming and games. I do however prefer not booting into a Windows operating system unless I will be playing World of Warcraft, because my mouse manufacturer does not provide drivers for it.

your negligence of the point proves an ignorance rendering your arguments in this discussion useless due to a lack of insight on the subject.

"everyone" uses IRC for chatting. as for sharing music, the Internet has other - more successful - methods of accomplishing that.

in any event, you're pointless bashing of me and my ideas are quite uninteresting, because you obviously lack any substantial theoretical or practical background on the subject. insinuating that I do not know how to have fun, or that I suffer mental retardations, or that the ethical downsides of proprietary software is of no importance at all - does not really shout «I know what I am talking about, and you are wrong on the matter».
im not bashing you, im trying to help you. you are a young dude and seem to have some pretty hardcore strange ideas. im telling you that if you want to be involved in chatting with people who like screamo, get soulseek. any reason you give other than " i dont have a computer" does not make sense. if you want to chat with people, use soulseek. if you dont then dont.

im not usually this straightforward but when i see someone who seems to be pretty mixed up or is not making any kind of logical sense, it irks me. consider it tough love.

alexander

Post by alexander »

matt wrote: im not bashing you, im trying to help you. you are a young dude and seem to have some pretty hardcore strange ideas. im telling you that if you want to be involved in chatting with people who like screamo, get soulseek. any reason you give other than " i dont have a computer" does not make sense. if you want to chat with people, use soulseek. if you dont then dont.

im not usually this straightforward but when i see someone who seems to be pretty mixed up or is not making any kind of logical sense, it irks me. consider it tough love.
the reason this does not make any "logical sense" (what other sense is there?), is because you lack any fundamental understanding of what I am saying. this does not bother me. what bothers me is the way you completely ignore all of my points, simply because you don't understand them or appreciate them. you even go as far as mocking them.

and - in case you hadn't got it yet - no, I won't use SoulSeek. not that I could if I wanted to, considering it is proprietary, and thus really unlikely to be ported to any other operating system than Windows, or maybe Mac OS X (I know there's a beta version for Mac OS X).

the only reason I made this thread was to ask if anyone wanted to fire up a cmhwak chat. preferably irc, or just some embedded chat on the site. like on vl-wee-wee, or whatever.

hjördis

Post by hjördis »

why not just do something as simple as making a thread on the board dedicated to chatting?
I sort of have nothing to say and if I did, I'd say nothing at all.

DAP

Post by DAP »

alexander wrote:
matt wrote: im not bashing you, im trying to help you. you are a young dude and seem to have some pretty hardcore strange ideas. im telling you that if you want to be involved in chatting with people who like screamo, get soulseek. any reason you give other than " i dont have a computer" does not make sense. if you want to chat with people, use soulseek. if you dont then dont.

the reason this does not make any "logical sense" (what other sense is there?), is because you lack any fundamental understanding of what I am saying. this does not bother me. what bothers me is the way you completely ignore all of my points, simply because you don't understand them or appreciate them. you even go as far as mocking them.

and - in case you hadn't got it yet - no, I won't use SoulSeek. not that I could if I wanted to, considering it is proprietary, and thus really unlikely to be ported to any other operating system than Windows, or maybe Mac OS X (I know there's a beta version for Mac OS X).

the only reason I made this thread was to ask if anyone wanted to fire up a cmhwak chat. preferably irc, or just some embedded chat on the site. like on vl-wee-wee, or whatever.
there is a non-proprietary soulseek client for linux. it is called nicotine. you dumbass.

alexander

Post by alexander »

oooh. nice. it's even in python. now if only P2P wasn't severely outdated... and if only using P2P as a chat client didn't give as little sense as buying an x-box to listen to mp3s...

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

What did I say about using the "@" symbol in replies?

picklehammer

Post by picklehammer »

rip slsk CMHWAK