Usurp Synapse

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

Bentwreck

Usurp Synapse

Post by Bentwreck »

This is where the scene veterans help me out with info on this band. Any crazy stories or amusing recollections about their shows? I was born too late and would have been like, 9 when they were predominantly playing shows back in '99-2000. I'm just making this to say I love this band, band that got me into screamo (alongside pg. 99) and I'm excited on finally finishing my record collection for this band next week.
Gnarlin Gnartree wrote:Will Killingsworth and Jayson Green traveled to France and brought Screamo back with them. It was being oppressed by the French government.

AlecEberhardt

Re: Usurp Synapse

Post by AlecEberhardt »

man, i've heard bad things about these guys. wasn't travis chance like a wifebeater or something?

Bentwreck

Post by Bentwreck »

I heard something along the lines of someone in the group being arrested for assault or something, but I really don't know. Hopefully someone does?
Gnarlin Gnartree wrote:Will Killingsworth and Jayson Green traveled to France and brought Screamo back with them. It was being oppressed by the French government.

AlecEberhardt

Post by AlecEberhardt »

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

Man, the stuff really gets distorted over time, huh?

In regards to Travis' legal troubles, they weren't as serious as you guys have heard. He basically got into an argument and threw a stereo speaker at her. It didn't hit her. No one was harmed. Not the most stable thing to do for sure, but wife beater? Come on.

Moving on, for their performance at some fest back in the day, they hired a stripper to dance next to them on the stage while they played. Her name or stage name was, no joke, Satia.

Bentwreck

Post by Bentwreck »

I can really see how stuff like that can get totally amplified and misconstrued over time. I'd like to think we've all done our fair share of stupid things over time, it just sucks that hearsay magnified over that domestic incident. As for the stripper, that's hilarious. I've been referring to the Usurp/Jeromes Dream Munoz gym show on youtube constantly, and I'm jealous I couldn't have been there.

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

There was also something about a bag of flour. I remember that, but nothing else, other than it was an good story. I think it was posted on the classic CMHWAK board, but I can't get the wayback machine to search for it for some reason. If anyone remembers the details of this story offhand (Alex, most likely), please share.

They recorded several songs when they reunited for a record that never came out. The mp3s for it are out there though. I'm pretty sure EHP had a hand in putting it out and they were available there for some time. It got canned because of the court case and Magic Bullet (main label putting it out) didn't want anything else to do with them after that.

They also recorded several "Japanese grind" songs during this period under the fake name Masters Of Obesity (MOO), and planned to release it as a "split" with Usurp Synapse. I have no idea if these ever leaked as mp3s, or if anyone outside the band or label has even heard them.

EDIT: Oh, and that real record they recorded was going to be called "Vile Contamina". The mp3 of it that I have is just one big file, so I don't know the song titles.

ifp

Post by ifp »

they played my house in 1999. drummer was like a little kid starving for attention. it got old fast.

xdylanx

Post by xdylanx »

Pete > You wrote:There was also something about a bag of flour. I remember that, but nothing else, other than it was an good story. I think it was posted on the classic CMHWAK board, but I can't get the wayback machine to search for it for some reason. If anyone remembers the details of this story offhand (Alex, most likely), please share.

They recorded several songs when they reunited for a record that never came out. The mp3s for it are out there though. I'm pretty sure EHP had a hand in putting it out and they were available there for some time. It got canned because of the court case and Magic Bullet (main label putting it out) didn't want anything else to do with them after that.

They also recorded several "Japanese grind" songs during this period under the fake name Masters Of Obesity (MOO), and planned to release it as a "split" with Usurp Synapse. I have no idea if these ever leaked as mp3s, or if anyone outside the band or label has even heard them.

EDIT: Oh, and that real record they recorded was going to be called "Vile Contamina". The mp3 of it that I have is just one big file, so I don't know the song titles.
This link of Vile Contamina has each song separated.

chris709scott

Post by chris709scott »

I always wanted to know what actually went on with that drummer, glad to see an old thread on it.