Touche Amore

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

Jakey LIAF

Re: Touche Amore

Post by Jakey LIAF »

i like this band. it's okay to be a SCREAM VETERAN and like this band.
thebigmin wrote:with a skull split economy like we have right now, this is inevitable

xdylanx

Post by xdylanx »

wounderaser wrote:i always thought touche amore was closer to modern life is war, american nightmare, ruiner.. etc.
THIS. I think they sound a lot like Modern Life As War. Obviously they have some screamo influence but I don't understand why anyone would call them a screamo band. I'm seeing them in a few days with Title Fight. Good band.

chronoclast

Post by chronoclast »

I don't <3333333 them but I like a few notable songs (wehatefredphelps and the first few off their album)
they're coming to australia later in the year with title fight. I know a lot of shitty kids around here rep them, so heaps of CRYMOSH and clapping ehhhh it'll fucking suck but I'll end up going.

plagueship

Post by plagueship »

pete == bellend wrote:what's going on in this thread???
i mean

arguably IHM were the first screamo band by virtue of being the first (?) parody emo band...

but yeah i don't really see them, indian summer, or touche amore as screamo... previous threads arguing about what is or isn't screamo seem to have rubbed a lot of people the long way; it's jsut weird to me that it isn't common knowledge still that, much like IHM, the term itself started as a joke...

BROOTALPOODLE

Post by BROOTALPOODLE »

some of the most god awful lyrics in the world, especially on their demo. they do tour hard though so i dont have any beef with them. their shows are fun too.
“I just want to change the way people look at music or maybe just destroy it in general.” -Justin Pearson

untitled6

Post by untitled6 »

I saw them when they opened for Thursday. These guys are really solid live. A totally different beast than the recorded shit.
be excellent to one another

thebigmin

Post by thebigmin »

good band & guys, but get a bad rep from the b9 fans

Gnarlin Gnartree

Post by Gnarlin Gnartree »

Saw them at a house show when they where still touring on their demo. I thought they kind of sucked. Then their LP came out and I was really into it for about a month. Then the appeal of the catchy scream along parts faded with me and I noticed how repetitive all the songs sounded. I thought their recent bout of splits where along the same lines as the first LP. The newer stuff I have heard sounds way better though in terms of musicianship, so I will probably check it out.

The reason the band is so popular though is easy to see. The memorable scream along lines. Kids love doing that shit at shows, gets everyone into the show. Pretty much every song they have ever wrote follows a formula that leads up to a scream along line.

teganandsara

Post by teganandsara »

I like them seeing them live solidified my like. Stoked on the new material. I guess not as many people like them in Canada so there is no backlash.

Bentwreck

Post by Bentwreck »

I will admit that my 'neutral' stance is kind of fabricated. I like the band for what they do, and I saw them when they played with Envy (who played a fair share of older material at the Toronto date in October 2010, which was awesome), and it was fun climbing atop a mountain of people to scream lyrics I barely knew. Whatever, will check them out when they come through with Title Fight, a band I also like but dislike most of their fanbase.
Gnarlin Gnartree wrote:Will Killingsworth and Jayson Green traveled to France and brought Screamo back with them. It was being oppressed by the French government.