Touche Amore

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

Bentwreck

Touche Amore

Post by Bentwreck »

Really interested in knowing why so much shit is slung at these guys. Please explain. I'm neutral, as in I don't love this band but I don't vehemently hate them either.
Gnarlin Gnartree wrote:Will Killingsworth and Jayson Green traveled to France and brought Screamo back with them. It was being oppressed by the French government.

brianutatx

Re: Touche Amore

Post by brianutatx »

They aren't very good. Though they are successful at making sub par music. People get butt hurt over the fact Touche Amore isn't very good but are successful. Touche Amore tour like crazy and the dudes in the band have been involved with DIY music (booking shows, playing in bands, helping out touring bands) for along time. I think they deserve the success they have because they do work really hard. I think the dudes in the band are nice guys. That being said I don't like their music, it sounds like some B9 crap to me, not my thing but seems like teenagers eat that shit up.

phoenix_crush

Post by phoenix_crush »

Now I feel stupid about saying I love them, but yeah- one of my favorite bands (and yes, I do like older screamo and what not, I almost fainted playing an I Hate Myself cover ealier today).

Bentwreck

Post by Bentwreck »

brianutatx wrote:They aren't very good. Though they are successful at making sub par music. People get butt hurt over the fact Touche Amore isn't very good but are successful. Touche Amore tour like crazy and the dudes in the band have been involved with DIY music (booking shows, playing in bands, helping out touring bands) for along time. I think they deserve the success they have because they do work really hard. I think the dudes in the band are nice guys. That being said I don't like their music, it sounds like some B9 crap to me, not my thing but seems like teenagers eat that shit up.
I can totally understand this. They seem to always be on the road. And I'm not sure, while I do like a fair bit of their material (pretty much only the more recent stuff that has yet to be release) I can see how people would think they're inadequate or sub par. I personally think the mixing on their first full length is terrible and accentuates the simplicity of their material.
Gnarlin Gnartree wrote:Will Killingsworth and Jayson Green traveled to France and brought Screamo back with them. It was being oppressed by the French government.

plagueship

Post by plagueship »

haha, oh man i hate myself is "older screamo"? (and, by implication, i guess touche amore is "newer screamo"?) way to make me feel old. where is pete>?!

phoenix_crush

Post by phoenix_crush »

I dunno, mang. What's older then? Indian Summer? I like them haha

And no, I don't consider Touche Amore screamo, I was just saying that I'm not some B9 retard or something.

pete == bellend

Post by pete == bellend »

Indian Summer and I Hate Myself are screamo???

wait

Touche Amore are the same genre as Indian Summer and I Hate Myself?

what's going on in this thread???

Touche Amore sucks, and I haven't even heard them!

Bentwreck

Post by Bentwreck »

phoenix_crush wrote:I dunno, mang. What's older then? Indian Summer? I like them haha
Dude.... And I post on b9, but I'd like to think I'm not some 'retard.' Thanks much.

phoenix_crush

Post by phoenix_crush »

lol seriously? I didn't mean everyone on B9 is retarded, just one of the posts before me said that Touche Amore seems like something dumb teenagers on B9 would listen to and I was saying I am not one of those people, but I like them.

wounderaser

Post by wounderaser »

i always thought touche amore was closer to modern life is war, american nightmare, ruiner.. etc. they probably get so much shit because they are called a screamo band. which isn't the right tag for them at all. i would be pissed too if someone confused touche amore and jeromes dream. it also doesn't help that the singer used to be in thriller.

i didn't like them until i saw them live. the new record is a lot better than everything else they have released. total envy worship.