Indie

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

Eric

Re: Indie

Post by Eric »

indie is for girls

brianutatx

Post by brianutatx »

Anti-flag joke was funnier than the nut flexing I'm a admin joke.

Just sayin'

Sarah records rules. I have a copie of the Glass Arcade comp on vinyl I would sell if the price is right.
I really love Slowdive, My Bloody Valentine and other shoegaze stuff.
The Stone Roses is incredible. Alot of the newfangled indie bullshit sucks though and Johnathan Richman and anything the resembles that crap needs to be wiped from existence.
Post-punk wise I love Bauhaus, Big Black, Swans (only counting Filth and Cop) Ive been really digging Cold Cave lately.

microscope

Post by microscope »

i have a bright eyes collection all pre-cassadaga. is that indie?

chris_arf

Post by chris_arf »

brianutatx wrote:Anti-flag joke was funnier than the nut flexing I'm a admin joke.

Just sayin'
thx

lastcity

Post by lastcity »

Carissa's Wierd & Pants Yell! are two of the best indies. Los Campesinos! is great twee punx, they pretty much got me into indie pop. I also like some shoegazey/post-punk stuff like My Bloody Valentine, The Smiths, and Slowdive.

neck_cannon

Post by neck_cannon »

Ok chris_arf & brianutatx, so far you guys are warned (I'm sure you guys already knew that from the msg you two were automatically sent, no need to respond to it); and if you F up again then i'm taking away your posting privileges for 10 days. And if you come back and do not adjust yr attitudes then me and the other mods (a few secret ones too) will have to have a meeting on AIM (secret chat) to decide whether the two of you are actual CMHWAK material.

I got my eye on you two.

:arrow: :evil:
microscope wrote:i have a bright eyes collection all pre-cassadaga. is that indie?
:)

Anyone like The Magnetic Fields?!

brianutatx

Post by brianutatx »

Whoa dude that's pretty harsh? Exactly what rule did I break? Am I not allowed to state my oppinion about jokes or other content posted in threads? Let's talk about this, cause I'm really confused. I thought this was a forum for people to share oppinions and ideas.

neck_cannon

Post by neck_cannon »

That's it buddy, you're out.

:oops:

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

I don't know if those are joke posts, but I don't give a shit if they thought one was funnier than the other or I was "nutflexing" or whatever. I don't even know what that means exactly, I'm just going by the context. I'm too old to get that or the concept of listening to Anti-Flag in 7th grade.

wounderaser

Post by wounderaser »

Pete > You wrote:Much like other genres, I'm a fan of indie before it meant you were a male model with a swoopy haircut and sang whiny about having your heartbroken. I'm down with a lot of Touch and Go and K Records bands. Pretty much all of Albini's stuff (Shellac most of all probably). My Bloody Valentine are classic. Jesus Lizard. Even though they're nothing alike, I also always think of The Jesus and Mary Chain. Stone Roses/Ian Brown solo stuff (kinda). Clinic is also pretty good. Low are another classic. As for more modern stuff, Pretty Girls Make Graves, A Trillion Barnacle Lapse, The Lost Kids, Slaves/Pleasure Forever, Obits, and the first two Weakerthans records (no homo). I'm also really into The Magic Wands. They're not getting much play for some reason, but they put out pretty much the best dance record of 2009.
huge touch and go fan here, shellac, don cab, june of 44, jesus lizard.. fucck.
can't say i'm really into indie at all though, i wouldn't consider that stuff indie.