Fucking Anime

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

JoshuatheNomad

Re: Fucking Anime

Post by JoshuatheNomad »

CitizenOfUlysses wrote:
JoshuatheNomad wrote:I'm gonna start Gurren Lagann today.
if you like that watch kill la kill, the same team made it and it's just fuckin tight
I LOVE Kill La Kill, I really need to catch up on it.

I am soooo glad this thread is back, honestly.

CitizenOfUlysses

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JoshuatheNomad

Post by JoshuatheNomad »

I'll catch up soon, I just prefer to watch that sort of thing when I'm in a good mood. The show just enhances it.

Oh, what did you think of Eva 3.0, Ulysses?

CitizenOfUlysses

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JoshuatheNomad

Post by JoshuatheNomad »

It was definitely a lot of fun, there was just, well, a lot to take in, not to mention that it's irritating not knowing what's happened to Kaji and the like. I think I read that there's supposed to be an OVA or something like that about what happened in between 2.0 and 3.0, so that sounds really nice, but I need to see if I can pull up the article again. I think it was some thread on EvaGeeks.

I honestly loved getting to have more Kaworu. Do you think it's the same Kaworu from the anime? I know some people think the Rebuilds are sequels to the original series. I think that if that's not the case, then there's definitely some sort of multiverse shenanigan going on.

I'm gonna wait and see how 4.0 is before I can really say anything for sure. Even then, though, I'm sure 4.0 will have a lot of people just, well, confused for at least the first six months that it's out, not to mention that anyone that isn't some sort of Wiki-scholar will still be confused afterwards.

JoshuatheNomad

Post by JoshuatheNomad »

bump because this thread IS NOT DYING

riderofbrohan

Post by riderofbrohan »

JoshuatheNomad wrote:bump because this thread IS NOT DYING
it CAN'T DIE.

i finished Monster a couple weeks ago finally and it was so fucking good. imo one of the best anime of the last 10 years. Also finally watched the steins;gate movie which was great and tied the series up very nicely.

the spring season is looking pretty dull....

edit: ALSO i just realized there has been no mention of SNK in this thread, wtf? too trendy for cmhwak? idc, that was also amazing and up there with monster in 'best anime of the past 10 years".

nayru

Post by nayru »

riderofbrohan wrote:
JoshuatheNomad wrote:bump because this thread IS NOT DYING
it CAN'T DIE.

i finished Monster a couple weeks ago finally and it was so fucking good. imo one of the best anime of the last 10 years. Also finally watched the steins;gate movie which was great and tied the series up very nicely.

the spring season is looking pretty dull....

edit: ALSO i just realized there has been no mention of SNK in this thread, wtf? too trendy for cmhwak? idc, that was also amazing and up there with monster in 'best anime of the past 10 years".
So the steins gate movie is worth watching? I watched two minutes of it and it was shitty quality and it didn't seem worth the watch. Should I get on that?

riderofbrohan

Post by riderofbrohan »

oh yeah. it's definitely worth watching. i think the only downfall was that some of the voice acting wasn't on par with the original (unfortunately, kyouma's was the worst)

JoshuatheNomad

Post by JoshuatheNomad »

Ulysses, do you have a last.fm or something?