Fucking Anime

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

thesilentarmy

Re: Fucking Anime

Post by thesilentarmy »

Glad to see that you're familiar with music from all over the world because you lived it in TN, Pete. I call bullshit on you if you think you know as much as you know about every band from all the eras of emo music across the entire world without the fucking Internet. i mean, I'm sure you've been to shows. Haven't we all?

The comment about screamo in anime... the comment about JRPG characters listening to screamo... You thought those were serious statements?

The only other thing I've posted here was that I was listening to I Am Heaven in an obscure bands thread (which apparently makes me a newjack... Well, whatever. I mostly listen to screamo post-Orchid, so I don't know a lot about that older sound except common stuff like Rites of Spring. I even mentioned it might not be obscure to you guys. I wanted to see what people thought, or if it was just me who hadn't heard of it before.

And then there was my first post, which was just random musings in a Talk About Anything board. Perhaps in retrospect i should have lurked before thinking to post something like that in a community I wasn't familiar with. It was pretty much unrelated to any of the things i was attacked about for posting it -- namely the philosophy of Nietzsche and my knowledge of music.

Whatever then. I'll have more fun limiting my interaction to questions about things I want to know, looking into bands I've never heard of that I hear mentioned, and otherwise limiting my social interactions with motherfuckers like you.
Sometimes a wave of feeling sick that starts in my stomach pours out and shoots all over my body until I can feel it making me dizzy. I sit down and my thoughts are circular.

FANTASTIC WOUND

Post by FANTASTIC WOUND »

suicides may have been a pact

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

thesilentarmy wrote:Glad to see that you're familiar with music from all over the world because you lived it in TN, Pete. I call bullshit on you if you think you know as much as you know about every band from all the eras of emo music across the entire world without the fucking Internet. i mean, I'm sure you've been to shows. Haven't we all?
You are just adorable.

I actually only moved to Tennessee late last August. Prior to that, I live in Brooklyn, and before that, among other places, New Brunswick. Thanks for that nice dose of phony cosmopolitan horseshit though! :D

I'd estimate the number of shows I've been to over the years is probably over 1,000. The internet as we know it didn't even exist when I was first going to shows. You learned about bands (even those from "all over the world") from word of mouth or mailorder distro catalogs and such. You know things happened in DIY hardcore before the internet, right? I don't think there is a band in "emo" that I retroactively learned about through the internet. Not that there is a problem with that, but there is when you act like some smarmy know-nothing asshole trying to act like reading about things on the internet and telling people who were actually there what's what is the norm.

I don't want to rub it in, and I qualify this as behavior that is nothing special at all, but your favorite band that you read about on the internet and was active back when you were pre-pubescent most likely played a show in a house I lived in at the time or slept on my floor or something.

On your bike, kid.

kunoichi

Post by kunoichi »

FANTASTIC WOUND wrote:
kunoichi wrote:
FANTASTIC WOUND wrote:Anime is for wimps. Real men read manga.
LOL manga readers are as creepy as the anime fans.
ROFL
Trust me, I live in da land of manga and anime.
Whenever I walk in to a convenience store, I pass by the magazine stands and all sorts of creepos are reading teh hentai manga. Or when I go to a video rental store to borrow some Shinchan dvds, there is not an instance that I haven't seen anyone, especially with that chikan (public molester) vibe, drop by the hentai anime section. I wish I am exaggerating. Heck, remember that guy who married an animoo video game character? Well that weirdo's a Japanese--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsikPswAYUM

Also, this is the first thing you will see when you walk in to this convenience store NEAR the kindergarten where I teach. Ya. This is "typical." :S Maybe our declining population has an inverse relationship to the amount of masturbatory paraphernalia circulating around our country? Uh...

thesilentarmy

Post by thesilentarmy »

Pete > You wrote:Pete > me
When I was growing up, I wasn't really familiar with emo. I listened to crust and street punk -- very little hardcore except early DC hardcore. I'm 25, so I wasn't quite old enough to be part of the 80s scenes, but I was around in the 90's. I got around quite a bit because of... well... street kid lifestyle. I'm not really proud of that kind of life these days, but... That's what we did. Back then, I thought of "emo" bands as just hardcore bands that edge kids hated. I never would have called them emo though. I didn't know of the term emo for hardcore. I thought emo was just stuff like Sunny Day Real Estate. As I got older, my taste for punk rock and childish values went a little stale. I started getting interested in indie rock and hardcore... My interest in hardcore quickly leaned towards screamo, and by that time I was like 19. So yeah, the early days of screamo were over. There was definitely dialup Internet when I started getting into underground music. It was not widely used then, but I used it when I could find access to it.

I'm not trying to attack your cred. I'm not trying to tell you that you haven't done all of that stuff really. I'm sure there's lots of things I would find interesting talking to you. I was just irritated at you for making rude comments to me. Coming from punk rock, I have a really short temper with people who take this stuff too seriously and act like they are better than everyone, like if I say something that is too stereotypical of the subculture or if I say something complete anti-subculture, I'm going to get ridiculed and called out for it. If I make a joke, a punch of militant motherfuckers are going to get angry. It's just something I have a short temper for. I'm sure that's pretty common, really.

I realize that no one here has a sense of humor about things now, so I won't bother with that anymore. otherwise, I have nothing against you. Sorry for snapping at you, if for nothing else than peace. Just don't be rude to me. There's no reason to be.
Sometimes a wave of feeling sick that starts in my stomach pours out and shoots all over my body until I can feel it making me dizzy. I sit down and my thoughts are circular.

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

That's actually one of the saddest things I've read on the internet. You're 25 fucking years old and you think you're so special as to be protected from harm on the internet? People need a reason to be rude to one another?

Where are you getting this conspiracy where everyone here is involved in some sort of militant and humorless plot against you? I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm busting on you because you're a 25 year old man-baby who is putting up some sort of hissy fit over being made to feel bad on the internet. BAAAAAAW! And look, you even gave some sort of "you wouldn't like me when I'm angry" bullshit. You got a short fuse, brah? Gunna beat some ass over the internet or some shit?

Again, this isn't some elitist shit. I've made it pretty clear I'm well past the point in my life where I value anyone over how they entertain themselves with media, or how long they've been doing it. It's because, among other things, you claim your shit posts are jokes.
thesilentarmy wrote:It's pre-skram Philadelphia stuff, circa 1995. I really like it. I think it's hilarious that Eric Wareheim is the guitarist. I usually prefer screamo over the early 90's hardcore emo, but you know...

HAHAHAHA! HILARIOUS!

thesilentarmy

Post by thesilentarmy »

Ok. :(

CitizenOfUlysses

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FANTASTIC WOUND

Post by FANTASTIC WOUND »

Pete > You wrote:That's actually one of the saddest things I've read on the internet. You're 25 fucking years old and you think you're so special as to be protected from harm on the internet? People need a reason to be rude to one another?

Where are you getting this conspiracy where everyone here is involved in some sort of militant and humorless plot against you? I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm busting on you because you're a 25 year old man-baby who is putting up some sort of hissy fit over being made to feel bad on the internet. BAAAAAAW! And look, you even gave some sort of "you wouldn't like me when I'm angry" bullshit. You got a short fuse, brah? Gunna beat some ass over the internet or some shit?

Again, this isn't some elitist shit. I've made it pretty clear I'm well past the point in my life where I value anyone over how they entertain themselves with media, or how long they've been doing it. It's because, among other things, you claim your shit posts are jokes.
thesilentarmy wrote:It's pre-skram Philadelphia stuff, circa 1995. I really like it. I think it's hilarious that Eric Wareheim is the guitarist. I usually prefer screamo over the early 90's hardcore emo, but you know...

HAHAHAHA! HILARIOUS!
Lay off a bit, Pete. I too am a man-baby.
suicides may have been a pact

neck_cannon

Post by neck_cannon »

I only casually like Anime, mainly Serial Experiments Lain, Betterman, Boogiepop, Wicked City, Ninja Scroll and others... My Dad used to tape trade with some dude at his work in the early nineties... I don't know what my Dad would give him (probably marijuana), but he would give us tons of VHS anime, lots of it was tentacle rape stuff, but a bit of it became true treasures that are now lost in only my memory.
I also really liked the Cat Soup thingy, kind of surreal/disney feel to it, but like.. uh from Japan!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH5sacgeY5Q

the little snippets its based on were/are cool too....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWnkOvi4i6c

I also recently watched the Call Me Tonight OAV, was pretty gnarly, I mean... it wasn't anything special but it filled up a good 40 minutes of my day and I was happy with that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55W4BC3YMxA (subbed en espanol)
I also really like the Theme Song for the OAV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ncEBqTqBXk