Fucking Anime

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

pygmyprieta

Re: Fucking Anime

Post by pygmyprieta »

Last edited by pygmyprieta on Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JoshuatheNomad

Post by JoshuatheNomad »

Been reading Knights of Sidonia, pretty confusing, but interesting. Anyone keeping up with Tokyo Ghoul? It's mildly interesting, but it seems to rely too heavily on violence for the sake of shock value as opposed to really delving into the psychological effects of the main character's situation.

spudnik

Post by spudnik »

has anyone on here read homonculus? by far the most 'screamo' manga i've read. it's equal parts existentialist, equal parts dystopian. basically, it's about a salarymen who loses everything and lives in car parked in between his former office and a park for the homeless (cue fight club) where he meets a medical undergrad who pays him money to be able to drill a hole in his head to see it's effects. after the trepenation (operation) is done, he starts seeing things and people appear distorted to him (the distortions representing symbols of problems in the person, think a yakuza in a gundam suit who cuts his own finger, girl made out of sand etc). illustration style is mad superb and i loved the way it all ended albeit predictable.

get a taste here!

http://mangasenpai.tumblr.com/tagged/homunculus/page/2

JoshuatheNomad

Post by JoshuatheNomad »

spudnik wrote:has anyone on here read homonculus? by far the most 'screamo' manga i've read. it's equal parts existentialist, equal parts dystopian. basically, it's about a salarymen who loses everything and lives in car parked in between his former office and a park for the homeless (cue fight club) where he meets a medical undergrad who pays him money to be able to drill a hole in his head to see it's effects. after the trepenation (operation) is done, he starts seeing things and people appear distorted to him (the distortions representing symbols of problems in the person, think a yakuza in a gundam suit who cuts his own finger, girl made out of sand etc). illustration style is mad superb and i loved the way it all ended albeit predictable.

get a taste here!

Holy...

ShawnWBG

Post by ShawnWBG »

spudnik wrote:has anyone on here read homonculus? by far the most 'screamo' manga i've read. it's equal parts existentialist, equal parts dystopian. basically, it's about a salarymen who loses everything and lives in car parked in between his former office and a park for the homeless (cue fight club) where he meets a medical undergrad who pays him money to be able to drill a hole in his head to see it's effects. after the trepenation (operation) is done, he starts seeing things and people appear distorted to him (the distortions representing symbols of problems in the person, think a yakuza in a gundam suit who cuts his own finger, girl made out of sand etc). illustration style is mad superb and i loved the way it all ended albeit predictable.

get a taste here!

Well, I know what I'm doing tonight

Cpt9Ball

Post by Cpt9Ball »

x
Last edited by Cpt9Ball on Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

FANTASTIC WOUND

Post by FANTASTIC WOUND »

JoshuatheNomad wrote:Been reading Knights of Sidonia, pretty confusing, but interesting.
If you think Sidonia is confusing, you probably haven't read Nihei's other works. BLAME!, Noise, Biomega, Abara, and Digimortal are all MUCH more difficult to follow than Knights of Sidonia. That being said, once you get a handle on the style and pacing of Nihei's work, it gets easier to understand what's going on. BLAME! is hands down my favourite comic, Eastern OR Western, of all time.

Also, does anyone else find it funny that the largest and most long-lived thread on a screamo forum is about weeb shit?
suicides may have been a pact

relaxiwontpost

Post by relaxiwontpost »

hi so I'm an anime nerd with elite tastes and stuff

I just wanted to say that OP has a really cool avatar

rec me some anime that's either

understated (like koi kaze)
OR
artsy-fartsy (like OP's avatar)

pygmyprieta

Post by pygmyprieta »

Last edited by pygmyprieta on Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cpt9Ball

Post by Cpt9Ball »

x
Last edited by Cpt9Ball on Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.