Fucking Anime

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

relaxiwontpost

Re: Fucking Anime

Post by relaxiwontpost »

I'm confused. are you guys recing all that entry level anime that doesn't fit either of the categories I listed to me, or just in general?

if it's just in general: clannad is super tight. everyone should watch it. also kanon, air, angel beats, little busters, toradora, true tears & the rest of those kinds of shows

Cpt9Ball

Post by Cpt9Ball »

x
Last edited by Cpt9Ball on Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShawnWBG

Post by ShawnWBG »

quick list of my recs

LEET PSYCH ANIME
-Texhnolyze
-Serial Experiments Lain
-Ghost Hound
-NGE
-Revolutionary Girl Utena
-all of Satoshi Kon's work
BEAUTIFUL TEARS ANIME
-Anohana
-Natsume's Book Of Friends
-Haibane Renmei
-Mushishi

SAD ANIME FILMS
-Summer Days With Coo
-Colorful
-Wolf Children
-Hotarubi No Mori E

pygmyprieta

Post by pygmyprieta »

Last edited by pygmyprieta on Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

relaxiwontpost

Post by relaxiwontpost »

Cpt9Ball wrote:Just in general, as I don't think I could offer you anything you haven't seen since majority of what I have watched is SoL which eliminates artsy stuff and I've never watched Koi Kaze so I'm unsure of exactly what it's like, though reading about it reminded me of 5 cm Per Second which I'm sure you've seen. So sorry about that, but thanks for mentioning Koi Kaze, seems like it addresses incest in an serious, interesting manner. Maybe Blue Spring, a Japanese independent film, may fulfill what you're looking for?
I actually haven't seen 5cm! I'm not a big anime feature film buff, only seen the obvious ones like grave of the fireflies, my neighbour totoro, etc. I've been meaning to check out 5cm for years, so better get on it. thanks for reminding me. (p.s. I'm joking about the elite tastes stuff, but I've watched >50 shows probably.) I'll check out that blue spring film too. it looked cool.

here's a film rec from me that you guys might find as funny as I did: parade (or paredo). real cool ending.

as for koi kaze, it's probably my favourite show. I like this "review" (from tvtropes): [Koi Kaze] immediately received a lot of attention for its harrowingly realistic examination of sibling incest. The painful and guilt-ridden romance between Koshiro and Nanoka is credibly full of angst and Belligerent Sexual Tension as the two struggle against their desires, refreshingly devoid of the blithe disregard for social mores and fanservice most shonen series on similar subjects tend to have.
Last edited by relaxiwontpost on Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

relaxiwontpost

Post by relaxiwontpost »

pygmyprieta wrote:Any manga recs? I've been going through the /a/wiki for stuff,

GTO was really good
planetes was good as well
planetes anime is way good too

relaxiwontpost

Post by relaxiwontpost »

5cm/s was amazing. thanks for prodding me to finally watch it.

Cpt9Ball

Post by Cpt9Ball »

x
Last edited by Cpt9Ball on Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

pygmyprieta

Post by pygmyprieta »

Last edited by pygmyprieta on Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

openthenext

Post by openthenext »

Evangelion coming to netflix.
Who's the biggest queer thats gonna act like that show is even remotely close to Top 10-tier material
Town, Flow of Time, People