Fucking Anime

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

kevin

Re: Fucking Anime

Post by kevin »

i liked death note until about halfway through, then it got ridiculously awful

berserk was amazing

just watched barefoot gen 1 & 2, thought they were both really good

not anime, but one example of dubbed working is SHOGUN ASSASSIN. fuck yeah

thesilentarmy

Post by thesilentarmy »

Pete > You wrote:Jesus fucking Christ, Sudo was right.
You seem to be the highly pretentious not-very-friendly sort of person I generally tend to avoid, but it seems you're kind of in charge around here aren't you? That's unfortunate. Since coming to the board, I've managed to discover some new music. It's been a while since I've looked for new bands to listen to.

I honestly have to say that at the present point in my life, putting up with people that are condescending and always think they are better than everyone else for utterly inane reasons while I surf the Internet is worth it to learn about bands I haven't heard about. People that tend to be into the bands I like are few and far between, so I guess I can either not learn about new bands or I can. It would have been cool to meet and talk to people who like the same sorts of things that I do, but I'm pretty sure that's kind of impossible considering the base of people involved in it.

So, whatever dude.

It's people like you that is why I generally prefer to hang out with people who have bad taste in music. At least they don't act like jerks all the time about shit that doesn't fucking matter in the slightest.

It seems you take this whole thing way too seriously.
Sometimes a wave of feeling sick that starts in my stomach pours out and shoots all over my body until I can feel it making me dizzy. I sit down and my thoughts are circular.

BROOTALPOODLE

Post by BROOTALPOODLE »

i watched the first episode of an anime called mushi shi last night. the episode i saw was amazing i am definitely about to become obsessed with this
“I just want to change the way people look at music or maybe just destroy it in general.” -Justin Pearson

kunoichi

Post by kunoichi »

Tokyo Godfathers
Paprika
.......Tonari no Totoro. Best. Childhood. Ever.

Uhh my country makes da anime.

FANTASTIC WOUND

Post by FANTASTIC WOUND »

Anime is for wimps. Real men read manga.
suicides may have been a pact

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

thesilentarmy wrote:
Pete > You wrote:Jesus fucking Christ, Sudo was right.
You seem to be the highly pretentious not-very-friendly sort of person I generally tend to avoid, but it seems you're kind of in charge around here aren't you? That's unfortunate. Since coming to the board, I've managed to discover some new music. It's been a while since I've looked for new bands to listen to.

I honestly have to say that at the present point in my life, putting up with people that are condescending and always think they are better than everyone else for utterly inane reasons while I surf the Internet is worth it to learn about bands I haven't heard about. People that tend to be into the bands I like are few and far between, so I guess I can either not learn about new bands or I can. It would have been cool to meet and talk to people who like the same sorts of things that I do, but I'm pretty sure that's kind of impossible considering the base of people involved in it.

So, whatever dude.

It's people like you that is why I generally prefer to hang out with people who have bad taste in music. At least they don't act like jerks all the time about shit that doesn't fucking matter in the slightest.

It seems you take this whole thing way too seriously.
I don't know who you're calling pretentious, but it's not me.

If you notice, I'm actually taking this all quite lightly and am making fun of how newjack serious you are about music. The things you've said could very well be said by some sort of fake account and they'd still work. "Herp, derp, I know what Level Plane is!" Seriously?

I mean, look at this:
thesilentarmy wrote: People that tend to be into the bands I like are few and far between
For real man? For fucking real?

I'm glad you're trying to educate yourself, but could you just be less of a douchebag about it?

kunoichi

Post by kunoichi »

FANTASTIC WOUND wrote:Anime is for wimps. Real men read manga.
LOL manga readers are as creepy as the anime fans.

FANTASTIC WOUND

Post by FANTASTIC WOUND »

kunoichi wrote:
FANTASTIC WOUND wrote:Anime is for wimps. Real men read manga.
LOL manga readers are as creepy as the anime fans.
ROFL
suicides may have been a pact

thesilentarmy

Post by thesilentarmy »

Pete > You wrote:...could you just be less of a douchebag about it?
We seem to have contrasting opinions about what composes a douchebag. I think condescending to people on an Internet forum is pretty characteristic of douchebaggery. All I did was make some silly jokes, and condescending assholes have to obssess about the fact that I'm new to your message board. What the fuck difference does it make? Being that I just found this board, of course I don't understand all of your humor. Perhaps I should lurk more, but eh.

What I take seriously is that it's obvious that you're being rude to me. So I don't know if you expect me to just ignore it.

I'll be the first to admit, you probably know about a lot more of these bands than I do, namely because you post on an Internet message board dedicated to them. I know from posting on message boards that that is a primary way to become an expert in something... With that out of the way, perhaps we can refrain from obsessing about that issue now.
Sometimes a wave of feeling sick that starts in my stomach pours out and shoots all over my body until I can feel it making me dizzy. I sit down and my thoughts are circular.

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

I'm not sure where you got the idea that because you exist on the internet, it means you can't be insulted. You precious little special baby, you.

So now your horrible posts are "jokes"? Really? Which ones? And how?

You're under the mistaken impression that this is because you're new. It's not that you're new. There's nothing wrong with new people. it's that you're clueless mixed with entitled. As if everyone should defer to you automatically and let you shit up the place. God forbid anyone calls you out on this, that would be breaking some sort of internet decorum. How dare I condescend to you?

Here's a good example of where you go off the rails:
thesilentarmy wrote: I'll be the first to admit, you probably know about a lot more of these bands than I do, namely because you post on an Internet message board dedicated to them. I know from posting on message boards that that is a primary way to become an expert in something... With that out of the way, perhaps we can refrain from obsessing about that issue now.
Are you fucking serious? Just to get it out of the way, I want to make clear this isn't about me "knowing more about these bands" (And what the fuck kind of phrasing is that?). I don't give a good God damn what anyone listens to or how long they've been listening to it.

I know more about this because it's my lived experience. I didn't read about shit on the internet, pretend to know what I'm talking about, make some dumb posts, claim they're now "jokes", and get bizarrely high-and-mighty when someone called me out on my dumb posts.