Brits, tell me about Coventry

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

Pete > You

Brits, tell me about Coventry

Post by Pete > You »

and Coventry University.

Pete > You

Re: Brits, tell me about Coventry

Post by Pete > You »

I guess my only question is that compared to the rest of your failed country, to what degree is it overrun by filthy, third-world moon-god worshiping subhumans?

Charon

Post by Charon »

Charmed. It's meant to be a hole. Couldn't tell you shit about the uni though.

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

I feel as though I'm missing some connotation here.

So it's like your Detroit? That's horrible.

Hanky Pym

Post by Hanky Pym »

I dunno how you got "its like our detroit" from all that. as far as I'm aware its not a terrible place, I've never heard anyone say anything particularly bad about it. but to be honest if you say stuff like
to what degree is it overrun by filthy, third-world moon-god worshiping subhumans?
you're probably better off staying wherever the hell it is you are now.

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

Hey, that's why I'm asking. He said it was meant to be a hole. When I think of intentional holes, I think of Detroit.

Why should I stay put? I mean, I know where you're going with this, but really, ignoring reality can only get you so far. I'm actually kind of amazed you still are given the fact that something near you is probably on fire.

Hanky Pym

Post by Hanky Pym »

Don't let your ignorance show like that Pete, nothing near me is on fire. The London Riots lasted like two days and didn't really spread beyond a few areas, practically everyone I know was safe, even people who lived maybe five minutes from where shit was going down. All that's happening now is arrests and maybe a few political debates on television.

There's a whole mess of political and sociological reasons behind what went on and I guess for a lot of people it was pretty scary but its nothing on par with what happens in some third world/developing countries or comparable with what I perceive gun crime in America to be like. I just think we need less people who refer to others as "filthy, third-world moon-god worshiping subhumans", as it was that's kind of divisive way of looking at things that leads to things like riots anyway. That's the reality of it, I'm not about to start hating minorities because of what happened.

But uh, bullshit aside, Coventry is most likely a whole because its boring a fuck. If you were to meet anyone who was subhuman or filthy, they probably wouldn't look like what you'd expect them to. In fact, you'd probably have a better time in some of the areas where the riots in London went down, which is where I live for university. Lots of venues for good shows, lots of house parties and you're surrounded by a mostly alright, creative bunch of people.

Saying that, Coventry probably has some of that once you dig deep enough/if you hang out in the right places. I don't think the UK really has its own version of Detroit, as in a place completely impoverished and run down.

Without passing any kind of judgement either, if you don't tend to like minority groups for whatever reason, you're best not moving to the UK at all. Its a pretty multicultural place, you'd be surrounded by us in some places.

brianutatx

Post by brianutatx »

Maybe if London was a bit more like Detroit, and had cyborg police officers, the riots wouldn't have happened in the first place. Three cheers for America, hip hip hooray!

Hanky Pym

Post by Hanky Pym »

THESE COLORS DON'T RUN

Thefallingnightmare

Post by Thefallingnightmare »

i feel like pete just created hanky pym to troll himself?