you know what the best asian band is

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

sudo

you know what the best asian band is

Post by sudo »

isla mitra
mulder wrote:Crowquill, nobody with a ctts username gets on my list. Sign up again and try again.

E.C

Re: you know what the best asian band is

Post by E.C »

thanks for the heads up. i've always wondered.

spudnik

Post by spudnik »

im pretty sure you meant ila mitra.
was just discussing this with a mate this morning.

they hail from my land, the little small republic of singapore, and are really impressive.
and it also hits me that they make heartfelt music which actually means something.
seelan in the band is also an activist who fights against the police state here.

if any one cares, try my precious, yumi ( 1/5 of my precious ), cape verda, zainichi / ant hill kids commune ( now split and playing in sjanse! and angsa respectively) or if you prefer the earlier 90s bands try kindred, the jhai alai and october dagger. all from singapore!

omartakesthesquare

Post by omartakesthesquare »

Number Girl
you are watching as the world turns

Thefallingnightmare

Post by Thefallingnightmare »

i dunno. im pretty partial to Endzweck

retlawlliw

Post by retlawlliw »

spudnik wrote:im pretty sure you meant ila mitra.

they hail from my land, the little small republic of singapore, and are really impressive.
and it also hits me that they make heartfelt music which actually means something.
seelan in the band is also an activist who fights against the police state here.

if any one cares, try my precious, yumi ( 1/5 of my precious ), cape verda, zainichi / ant hill kids commune ( now split and playing in sjanse! and angsa respectively) or if you prefer the earlier 90s bands try kindred, the jhai alai and october dagger. all from singapore!
THIS DUDE KNOWS WHATS UP my precious and kindred rule. i will check out all the other bands
when i die 1,000 birds will fly from my mouth

spudnik

Post by spudnik »

retlawlliw wrote:
spudnik wrote:im pretty sure you meant ila mitra.

THIS DUDE KNOWS WHATS UP my precious and kindred rule. i will check out all the other bands
well asia is small after all haha.
Thefallingnightmare wrote:i dunno. im pretty partial to Endzweck
endzweck are terrific! flower bouquet just hits the spot.
shame though their counterpart nitro mega prayer don't get enough mentions anywhere.

sudo

Post by sudo »

thanks for correcting me, dude.

and, i do mean ila mitra. i got the cd from some dude who was clearing out his distro, and it rips so hard. i'm glad they're still at it - but lioncitydiy hasn't heard of anything that they're going to put out in the future.
mulder wrote:Crowquill, nobody with a ctts username gets on my list. Sign up again and try again.

spudnik

Post by spudnik »

sudo wrote:thanks for correcting me, dude.

and, i do mean ila mitra. i got the cd from some dude who was clearing out his distro, and it rips so hard. i'm glad they're still at it - but lioncitydiy hasn't heard of anything that they're going to put out in the future.
they were supposedly recording some new stuff but i highly doubt that it'll see the light of the day.
that cd you have is definitely a keeper!
this is actually really good and they're really mega obscure.
do they have anything out!