Anton Bordmanm, Anyone?

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

Phil

Anton Bordmanm, Anyone?

Post by Phil »

Anyone like Anton Bordman? They were two guys, one on drum and one on bass doing some cool emo violence type stuff. They released two 7" records and I think that's it. You can still get the second one, Where Did Dolls Originate? From Clean Plate and a bunch of other distros. They also kept the screamo tradition of referencing Versailles alive.

Someone on here must have seen them. They played from 2000-2003 I think, and were from Providence. There's footage of them on youtube if you want to watch it there, and there are rips of Where Did... all over the internet.

Speaking of, though. If anyone has a rip of the self titled please post a link. I have both records, but only mp3s for Where...
brianutatx wrote:You are just a wiener rock apologist. Down with wiener rock occupation and down with Topshelf!

plagueship

Re: Anton Bordmanm, Anyone?

Post by plagueship »

i saw this band, must have been at least 10 years ago. i'm pretty sure that was the same show where i saw jerome's dream which i posted about elsewhere, which got me started on screamo after being a crusty little skatepunk. um.... i guess they were good? all i remember of AB was two small guys spastically rocking out on their bass and drums and shrieking in a kind of call and response pattern. i remember liking them and listened to them sporadically for some years. i think JD stole the show though.

this was during the era of many weird noisy two-person bands from providence and all those cool show spaces in olneyville. i think they made some sensitive comments between songs. in fact i think someone told me later (a friend of theirs?) that one or both of them had been expelled from providence college, a catholic school, for putting up pro-choice flyers on campus, or something. i feel like there's a connection with ettil vrye/sinaloa, not sure (obv one 7" was on moganono). that's about all i can remember aside from what you said.

by the way i asked pete from moganono once why he called his label that and at first he was like 'oh it's embarassing, i don't want to say' and i was like 'ok' and then he told me that when he was little he called lawnmowers moganonos and bulldozers bullnonos....

Phil

Post by Phil »

plagueship wrote:in fact i think someone told me later (a friend of theirs?) that one or both of them had been expelled from providence college, a catholic school, for putting up pro-choice flyers on campus, or something.
Haha, that's pretty awesome.

You mentioned the call and response vocal stuff. I really like that, or whenever multiple people are screaming. I also sort of like the fact that it's just a bass and drum set. Yeah though, there is a reason Jeromes Dream are remembered and these guys aren't. AB just fill a small ninche that I really enjoy.
brianutatx wrote:You are just a wiener rock apologist. Down with wiener rock occupation and down with Topshelf!

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

If I remember correctly, they were part of the uber-douche PC crap nonsense salad days of the mid 00s bands that were delusional and pretentious enough to include song lyric descriptions in their inserts. I'm also pretty sure one of them,or maybe just some fanboy, got on my shit back in the old VLV days over disparaging remarks I would make about girls, only to find out later from a girl I used to talk to on VLV that he was creeping on her hardcore.

Phil

Post by Phil »

Pete > You wrote:If I remember correctly, they were part of the uber-douche PC crap nonsense salad days of the mid 00s bands that were delusional and pretentious enough to include song lyric descriptions in their inserts. I'm also pretty sure one of them,or maybe just some fanboy, got on my shit back in the old VLV days over disparaging remarks I would make about girls, only to find out later from a girl I used to talk to on VLV that he was creeping on her hardcore.
That is true. I can't really say anything about them personally. I wasn't really musically aware at that point.

thebigmin

Post by thebigmin »

mediafire links??

Phil

Post by Phil »

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?y5zu2dzjnwm

This is Where Did Dolls Originate. I still can't find the self titled one on non-pay websites.

plagueship

Post by plagueship »

Pete > You wrote:If I remember correctly, they were part of the uber-douche PC crap nonsense salad days of the mid 00s bands that were delusional and pretentious enough to include song lyric descriptions in their inserts. I'm also pretty sure one of them,or maybe just some fanboy, got on my shit back in the old VLV days over disparaging remarks I would make about girls, only to find out later from a girl I used to talk to on VLV that he was creeping on her hardcore.
now that you mention it i think they handed out lyrics sheets with explanations during the show. it sounds pretty lulzy now but i remember a few bands doing it and appreciating that, since i was a pc douche who believed in ideas and stuff then too. no but srsly some bands that scream have cool lyrics that are just really hard to understand. i like lyrics in inserts, although the type of thing they did was a bit ridiculous.

dudes who are super into feminism seem to usually be creeps.....

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

plagueship wrote:now that you mention it i think they handed out lyrics sheets with explanations during the show.
I remember Off Minor doing this too.

thebigmin

Post by thebigmin »

this album is realllllly sickkk