Chillax ( 2 piece from Austin TX )

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

brianutatx

Re: Chillax ( 2 piece from Austin TX )

Post by brianutatx »

Pete, I can see that you not only get g-beat but have embraced it with open arms, it's because of that g-beat has embraced you as well.

Nolan, I emailed you back, much g-beat love for you too.

Chillax Update 9/7/11:
We finished two new songs last night called "Demonic Mutation", which is a g-beat song with a little black metal flare thrown in, and our newest song "Uncle Frank is Wearing a Metallica Shirt", which is a classic g-beat song that has three variations of the g-beat in it, g-beat purists take note.

We will be having Kalyn from Kill The Peace, a San Antonio based hardcore/PV band that is now broken up, featured on some upcoming Chillax songs. She has a higher pitch scream that will really bring the g-beat movement into 2012 with a kick. Check out her old band Kill the Peace here: http://www.myspace.com/killthepeacesatx

We are currently talking to some labels and bands about doing some splits and compilations in the near future and are still looking for more compilations and splits to be a part of. I will disclose what bands we are doing splits with and the compilations we are already committed to in the near future.

retlawlliw

Post by retlawlliw »

2012 will be the year of gbeat, i am so excited. what should i do to get ready?
when i die 1,000 birds will fly from my mouth

brianutatx

Post by brianutatx »

retlawlliw wrote:2012 will be the year of gbeat, i am so excited. what should i do to get ready?
Start a g-beat band. All you need is two people total. If that's not an option for you then just prepare for good times and great vibes.

Goatsego

Post by Goatsego »

brianutatx wrote:
retlawlliw wrote:2012 will be the year of gbeat, i am so excited. what should i do to get ready?
Start a g-beat band. All you need is two people total. If that's not an option for you then just prepare for good times and great vibes.
Man, I think I should. Why do none of my friends play drums?

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

I'm currently exploring experimental g-beat. I will need a terrible drum machine to do so. Experimental g-beat will be centered on "that hi-hat beat" from terrible southern rap from a few years ago. You know. P-TSS_TSS--P-T-T-TSS-TSS.

retlawlliw

Post by retlawlliw »

brianutatx wrote:
noted, though i am always prepared for good times and great vibes.
when i die 1,000 birds will fly from my mouth

Aldentron

Post by Aldentron »

when do u wanna cum thru dawg?¿

brianutatx

Post by brianutatx »

Well my September and October are pretty booked up already. I will actually be playing No Thanks Fest, in Emory TX which is a little over an hour East of Fort Worth on October 22nd. We could possibly come up some time in November or December. I think Chest Pain is trying to hit Ft. Worth in the next 3 or 4 months, so maybe we could just open for that show.

gargamel

Post by gargamel »

i wish more bnds would do scholastic deth-style powerviolence. imho scholasticdeth>>>>>>spazz, godstomper, infest, etc

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

When are you going to post the new songs? I want to start saying "Chillax, brah" and posting the bandcamp link to every fucking "herp derp, I barely understand the world BUT I HAVE A SUPER SERIOUS OPINION ABOUT SHIT!" post on my facebook feed and I feel more songs would get the point across better.