Is Usurp Synapse the best Emo-Violence of all time?

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

klefmop

Re: Is Usurp Synapse the best Emo-Violence of all time?

Post by klefmop »

I seriously don’t think i’ve ever listened to usurp, despite me having a good portion of their records

They’re all hyped now bc of wristmeetrazor naming their band after a song. Metalcore kids love to pretend they like other genres to look cool
thebigmin wrote:Screamo Will Never Die

-thebigmin

chewing tinfoil

Post by chewing tinfoil »

Usurp has like 70 songs and lets face it the reuion tracks are so - so, and half of their stuff is crap.

I can't even grasp wtf was going on on that penis into vagina 7" with like 15 people playing an impro track and paying 50$ or something for it.

Travis their drummer was a huge douchebag which doesn't help a lot either.

recently played the drago miette which was half usurp , the first track is ok, the rest of it is mediocre. that band Travis did as a singer was so badddd. sorry for sounding like a bummer. this band was very prolific but musical wise they're a "couple of good track" band..

CharlieBronson

Post by CharlieBronson »

The Main Ingredient is the Stairway to Heaven of Emo-Violence!
Incredible unrelenting intensity for 5 minutes & 48 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpXovzWCQ9c
CharlieBronson wrote: Things truly are sucklical in music

1funeral2many

Post by 1funeral2many »

usurp easily is the best emo/screamo/whatever band, their discography CD (minus the crappy ATM songs) is GOAT. the "reunion" sucked but not on the same level as the new jeromes dream, plus its really just a solo thing from one of the guitarists. john scott follows me on instagram for some reason, cool guy.

Vighneshvara

Post by Vighneshvara »

best band. I own pretty much everything they released on vinyl, except the main ingredient... shit was always impossible to find/expensive. I also named my skramz blog after one of their albums.

also the whole drago miette album is amazing.

https://youtu.be/WzUL5hjdeL0?t=270 those last two songs...

klefmop

Post by klefmop »

chewing tinfoil wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:38 pm
Usurp has like 70 songs and lets face it the reuion tracks are so - so, and half of their stuff is crap.

I can't even grasp wtf was going on on that penis into vagina 7" with like 15 people playing an impro track and paying 50$ or something for it.

Travis their drummer was a huge douchebag which doesn't help a lot either.

recently played the drago miette which was half usurp , the first track is ok, the rest of it is mediocre. that band Travis did as a singer was so badddd. sorry for sounding like a bummer. this band was very prolific but musical wise they're a "couple of good track" band..

Didn’t travis scam a bunch of people on vlv years ago?
thebigmin wrote:Screamo Will Never Die

-thebigmin

CharlieBronson

Post by CharlieBronson »

Who didn't get scammed on internet forums in the early 2000's. It was a right of passage honestly
CharlieBronson wrote: Things truly are sucklical in music

1funeral2many

Post by 1funeral2many »

I think that was like their original bassist who scammed a bunch of people out of records, if you look at the edit history of the usurp Wikipedia page one of the guys he ripped off wrote about it. Though I wouldn’t put it pass Travis because the guy was a douche