Is Usurp Synapse the best Emo-Violence of all time?

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

wounderaser

Re: Is Usurp Synapse the best Emo-Violence of all time?

Post by wounderaser »

usurp synapse/jeromes dream
seriously
there is no deciding between either for me, both have had a significant influence on my life.
the atm sessions (first 6) of the disinformation fix are some of my favorite songs of all time though...

thebigmin

Post by thebigmin »

bump

vavavampire

Post by vavavampire »

Bit late to the party, but fuck it I just signed and I'm bored and loking through old threads....

Usurp synapse are THE best screamo band, probably top 5 in any genre. Their shit is on a whole new level, like It's so fucking fast and messy, but insanely precise at the same time and when they do the occasional emo parts, they're so sweet. The HARSHEST vocals I've ever heard in my life. I love the keyboard parts too. Never made a single bad song either (and they are plenty), maybe you should kill yourself is the classic for me though. They must have been batshit crazy live.

Their artwork always looked rad as shit too, the penis and vagina tour 7" I have is the most outrageous thing I own and that 6" looks amazing. The only band I can think of that even comes close to nailing this sound as well is Louise cyphre, but usurp are still in a different league.

One question though. I own the disinformation fix discography and it has like 60 songs on it, but I also have one on my computer with a similar tracklist, but there are some songs that aren't on the DF one. What's the score?

YOU FUCKED MY WIFE?

thebigmin

Post by thebigmin »

vavavampire wrote:Bit late to the party, but fuck it I just signed and I'm bored and loking through old threads....

Usurp synapse are THE best screamo band, probably top 5 in any genre. Their shit is on a whole new level, like It's so fucking fast and messy, but insanely precise at the same time and when they do the occasional emo parts, they're so sweet. The HARSHEST vocals I've ever heard in my life. I love the keyboard parts too. Never made a single bad song either (and they are plenty), maybe you should kill yourself is the classic for me though. They must have been batshit crazy live.

Their artwork always looked rad as shit too, the penis and vagina tour 7" I have is the most outrageous thing I own and that 6" looks amazing. The only band I can think of that even comes close to nailing this sound as well is Louise cyphre, but usurp are still in a different league.

One question though. I own the disinformation fix discography and it has like 60 songs on it, but I also have one on my computer with a similar tracklist, but there are some songs that aren't on the DF one. What's the score?

YOU FUCKED MY WIFE?
agree 100%

relaxiwontpost

Post by relaxiwontpost »

I must admit that I honestly prefer shrieking vox like In Loving Memory

thebigmin

Post by thebigmin »

relaxiwontpost wrote:I must admit that I honestly prefer shrieking vox like In Loving Memory
ILM has great shriex0rz don't get me wrong....but Usurp vocals are stronger and harsher overall.

Heide

Post by Heide »

vavavampire wrote: One question though. I own the disinformation fix discography and it has like 60 songs on it, but I also have one on my computer with a similar tracklist, but there are some songs that aren't on the DF one. What's the score?
All I know is that the song titles on dis fix are different than song titles on the albums/splits etc, maybe that explains it?

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

Messing stuff up like this was a typical Alone Records thing back in the day.

relaxiwontpost

Post by relaxiwontpost »

related: listening to drago miette right now

Playfight

Post by Playfight »

best screamo band. disliked them at first but as time went by i realized how dope they are
they're not exciting off the first hit but once you dive into their discog and start getting it you realize how amazing it is. in my permanent rotation.