Recommend me a black metal band

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

thesilentarmy

Recommend me a black metal band

Post by thesilentarmy »

I've always hated metal. I don't like cheese metal and I don't like obsession with grotesque imagery and i don't like low grunts and growls. I don't like guitar solos and shredding.

I discovered thanks to someone I don't to anymore that black metal was often more atmosphere, that it's not all about what I find to be silly pagan religions (just as any religion is) anymore, high pitched, desperate shrieking wails, a lot of -- I want to say for lack of a better term that I know -- droney, minimalistic dark ambiance.

I kind of think I might like some of this, but rec. something NOT about Satan or paganism. Folklore is okay. Nihilism is okay Pro-atheism is okay. I'd prefer bands that don't focus on the stupid image.

Recommend a screamo listener black metal plox.

Thanks.
Sometimes a wave of feeling sick that starts in my stomach pours out and shoots all over my body until I can feel it making me dizzy. I sit down and my thoughts are circular.

kevin

Re: Recommend me a black metal band

Post by kevin »

it would actually be... "recommend a black metal, to me"

the closest thing that "recommend me a black metal band" would mean is.. recommending you to a black metal band

THINK ABOUT IT

CitizenOfUlysses

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

relaxiwontpost

Post by relaxiwontpost »

hi plz recommend pc crybaby bullshit black metal played by pc crybaby wankers that have nothing to do with actual black metal in any of its incarnations BIG + if they are vegan and sXe!!!!! anyone else like Deafheaven!!!!!!

plasticsmilerecords

Post by plasticsmilerecords »

isn't black metal the new hipster genre? people everywhere are telling me this. i hope those kids start dressing black metal if it's true!

retlawlliw

Post by retlawlliw »

not kidding, a few months ago i was at the dollar store and there were two black metal knights in there, all black metaled-out. kiss face paint, everything. dollar store is very kvlt
when i die 1,000 birds will fly from my mouth

xdylanx

Post by xdylanx »

Not listening to a band because of their message is fucking retarded if the music is good. I don't care if they rape babies, it has nothing to do with my enjoyment of their music.

kevin

Post by kevin »

black metal was pretty hip when wolves in the throne room and xasthur was big, now it's kinda passe

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

thesilentarmy wrote:I've always hated metal. I don't like cheese metal and I don't like obsession with grotesque imagery and i don't like low grunts and growls. I don't like guitar solos and shredding.

I discovered thanks to someone I don't to anymore that black metal was often more atmosphere, that it's not all about what I find to be silly pagan religions (just as any religion is) anymore, high pitched, desperate shrieking wails, a lot of -- I want to say for lack of a better term that I know -- droney, minimalistic dark ambiance.

I kind of think I might like some of this, but rec. something NOT about Satan or paganism. Folklore is okay. Nihilism is okay Pro-atheism is okay. I'd prefer bands that don't focus on the stupid image.

Recommend a screamo listener black metal plox.

Thanks.
You have been grossly misinformed about black metal.
plasticsmilerecords wrote:isn't black metal the new hipster genre? people everywhere are telling me this. i hope those kids start dressing black metal if it's true!
It's been the "hip" thing to pretend to be into since 2004.

plagueship

Post by plagueship »

i really like that cali shit like ash borer, leucosis, fell voices. it's pretty nihilistic and ambient and epic and shit. i think you would dig it. leucosis lp has that audio in one song that was supposedly that cosmonaut dying, also random samples of people screaming and wolves howling. br00tal