Talking parts in skramz

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

Pete > You

Re: Talking parts in skramz

Post by Pete > You »

Max Colby

upenya

Post by upenya »

spoken word parts are almost always good, i personally prefer them with a little background music/noise.

spudnik

Post by spudnik »

i can't decide if im annoyed by the "book reading" on the first track of tc's after dark.

Phil

Post by Phil »

spudnik wrote:i can't decide if im annoyed by the "book reading" on the first track of tc's after dark.
I actually like it a lot. I think it sets a great tone, and the reader really gets into it as it goes on and on. I must admit I am addicted to that record at the moment, though.
brianutatx wrote:You are just a wiener rock apologist. Down with wiener rock occupation and down with Topshelf!

phoenix_crush

Post by phoenix_crush »

After Dark is made even better by the fact that each song is named after/inspired by a Murakami book.

plagueship

Post by plagueship »

i like when envy does it, but as usual, the japanese are some kind of weird paradoxical exception that proves the rule.
most times when modern bands do it i feel like they're trying to sound like indian summer or shotmaker. me no care. it was cool was it was more of just experimental expression and less of just vintage oop scene worship.

danfitforbattle

Post by danfitforbattle »

Phil wrote:
spudnik wrote:i can't decide if im annoyed by the "book reading" on the first track of tc's after dark.
I actually like it a lot. I think it sets a great tone, and the reader really gets into it as it goes on and on. I must admit I am addicted to that record at the moment, though.
Couldn't agree more! On topic, how about Kodan Armada? One of their albums (possibly discography, I'm getting old) had talking which seemed to drag on forever and break the all the good-vibes.
don't sweat my skram

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

Merel - The Guest

mountainlioncaribou

Post by mountainlioncaribou »

Let's hate us together.

thebigmin

Post by thebigmin »

OFFICIAL VERDICT : Skram parts are NECESSARY and ALWAYS good no matter what. It is definitive of the true emo sound, period.