college and shit pt. 2

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

CitizenOfUlysses

college and shit pt. 2

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

thebigmin

Re: college and shit pt. 2

Post by thebigmin »

i know pittsburgh is pretty punx

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

You're a pretty cool bro, bro. Don't be so hard on yourself.

I can only comment on what I know:
Vanderbilt (Nashville not memphis)-heard it is good but anything more specific?
No scene to speak of. Literally nothing. Seriously, not even any cool bars or anything. It's a fun town if you're into the whole "Nashvegas" thing, and if you're posting on this board, you clearly aren't. It's still a very, very good school, mind you.
Columbia/NYU (lol can't afford but still New York)- Obviously New York has a large/good scene, but what's it like really?
Not that great if you aren't 21+. If you can tolerate the bad things, and there are plenty, it is great though. Plenty of women, endless things to do and see, total hedonistic fun. The expense is that you're living in one of the most humiliating and dehumanizing cities in America, with DC and maybe Chicago being the only ones worse in this regard. Just take it for the ride it is. Both these schools are overpriced shitholes, though.
Rutgers (New Jersey)-Have heard it is awesome for screamo and know that they used to have cool shit, what is the current state of this place?
No clue what it's like now, but I can't imagine it's much different than when I was there. Show pretty much every night in a basement. Scene is legendary. New York isn't that far away, and there is a train in town. If you end up going here, make sure your dorm is on the College Ave campus. If they stick you on Busch or Livingston, you're fucked socially. They have a tendency to stick Indians and Koreans/Chinese/Japanese/ect. on Busch. Rutgers is notorious for a bureaucracy that us nearly impossible to navigate though.

thebigmin

Post by thebigmin »

what is nashvegas?

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

Remember that bar we went to when you were playing in Nashville, and all the surrounding establishments in that part of town? That's Nashvegas. Just some silly nickname for Nashville.

thebigmin

Post by thebigmin »

Pete > You wrote:Remember that bar we went to when you were playing in Nashville, and all the surrounding establishments in that part of town? That's Nashvegas. Just some silly nickname for Nashville.
so many hotties

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

I won't front on that, tons of hotties everywhere. Even during the daytime when we were out. There's obviously much more of them at night.

Jakey LIAF

Post by Jakey LIAF »

UGA, you're coming into a scene that's entirely no idea-style pop punk and bits of thrash. other styles of hardcore are non-existent here (sans one new band that is skram), but atlanta is close by. TONS of mints here though.

atlanta has a pretty decent hardcore scene, but no kitten violence really.
thebigmin wrote:with a skull split economy like we have right now, this is inevitable

Goatsego

Post by Goatsego »

All I know is that when I visited New Jersey there were a lot of shows going on all over the place, my friends were throwing stuff in there basements and New York was just an hour away. I also saw a flier for some Skram fest in Pittsburgh, so that's gotta mean something.

CitizenOfUlysses

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.