Underrated Screamo Bands

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

dearericiquit

Re: Underrated Screamo Bands

Post by dearericiquit »

Thing about Iron Lung is that no one is as prolific and consistently spot on with power violence. Not many other bands live up to what those two guys have accomplished, especially in power violence.

On a side note: you want to talk about underrated? I rarely hear anyone talk about Louise Cyphre anymore. Everyone used to wet themselves over that La Quiete split, but their side of that 9" with Shikari is tops. Also Anton Bordman has some solid releases and they're not screamo, but all those Breather Resist records still hold up real well... like really well.

Screaming Females are boring as sin.

vavavampire

Post by vavavampire »

I saw louise cyphre a couple of years ago and it went APESHIT. I know loads of people who love them too, but maybe that's because their big over here and not in the states?

loagaeth

Post by loagaeth »

vavavampire wrote:I saw louise cyphre a couple of years ago [...]
so youre german?

ingram

Post by ingram »

most underrated should be Black Castle and The Hareste

Killstephandead

Post by Killstephandead »

vavavampire wrote:I saw louise cyphre a couple of years ago and it went APESHIT. I know loads of people who love them too, but maybe that's because their big over here and not in the states?
I saw them at Cry Me A River Fest 2007/2008 dunno the year, but well, I was kinda disappointed. :/

mp143

Post by mp143 »

dearericiquit wrote:Yage
Welcome the Plague Year
Puritan
Guyver-One
Shotmaker
Stop It!! (although not really screamo)

At least from what I've seen no one really talks about these bands.

Spot on. Just found mouse ear on vinyl the other day. Haven't heard stop it! in a long time

klefmop

Post by klefmop »

brianutatx wrote:
lemyisgod wrote:Overrated: Punch, Iron Lung, Water Torture
Underrated: Lord Snow
I can't feel you on Iron Lung at all. They are highly rated because they have one of the most unique sounds in hardcore. Literally no other hardcore band sounds like them except maybe Dead Language, and that's because both members of Iron Lung play in Dead Language.

Even putting their unique and innovative sound aside they also have one of the best drummers in hardcore and have a HUGE sound yet are only a two piece. Why do you feel they are overrated? What makes Iron Lung overrated. If anything I feel like alot of people pass over their unique weird flavour of hardcore and would call them an underrated band. Talent and Innovation go a long way for me when it comes to appreciating music, and my feelings of how high or low to rate music.
Their split with The Endless Blockade is one of the best hardcore splits of all time in my opinion.
thebigmin wrote:Screamo Will Never Die

-thebigmin

zachrippple

Post by zachrippple »

my opinion?
Capsule
Portrait
Strawman Falllacy

JoshuatheNomad

Post by JoshuatheNomad »