My thoughts on the orchid cover by silverstein

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

Goatsego

Re: My thoughts on the orchid cover by silverstein

Post by Goatsego »

Also, I like how they are talking about how they would go to shows where the bands played on floors.

Wow. Thanks guys. Never knew that was possible.

:x

relaxiwontpost

Post by relaxiwontpost »

from a cross-continental skram foreseer & the stuffyouwillhate contributor who gave us articles like "THE DEFINITE EURO SKRAM LIST",

"another emo violent skram elitist chiming in: IDC about Silverstein. I will probably never listen to this. this has no influence or effect on skram life whatsoever. it’s cool if people get into some of these bands via Silverstein though."

Bentwreck

Post by Bentwreck »

Oh also, Tony Brummel can suck a fuck.
Gnarlin Gnartree wrote:Will Killingsworth and Jayson Green traveled to France and brought Screamo back with them. It was being oppressed by the French government.

retlawlliw

Post by retlawlliw »

i do think that video was embarrassing... they make it sound like that writing a song less than 90 seconds is something they came up with. they also kind of imply that the goal of most of these bands are to write songs less than 90 seconds, which isn't always necessarily true.
when i die 1,000 birds will fly from my mouth

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

Goatsego wrote:Also, I like how they are talking about how they would go to shows where the bands played on floors.

Wow. Thanks guys. Never knew that was possible.

:x

LeandroBR

Post by LeandroBR »

Dont get why people got mad. The members grew up listening to undeground hardcore bands, just like us. The drummer is the one that suggested the Orchid cover, because he is a fan, he's also a huge fan of Rites Of Spring and other bands that we like. I don't care if the singer does fake screaming, it's a cover after all. I am a Silverstein fan, seriously. I'm glad about this upcoming album, and it would be also good for people to get to know Orchid. Because so far, I'm tired of all the bullshit bands out there (we came as romans, attackattack, asking alexandria, bvb) maybe with this cover people can get to listen to better music, I guess. Also if you're gonna blame false screamo bands for being all popular at hot topic and shit, blame Alesana, From First To Last, and other bands like that.
Fuck the pop culture.

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

Keep in mind that line of thinking is what got us bands like Attack Attack to begin with. No one wanted to put the brakes on Thursday.

This doesn't work. It never has worked. If you're an idiot and drawn to this music, you don't magically get better taste. You just become an idiot with a desire to invent screamo-crunk.

phoenix_crush

Post by phoenix_crush »

Pete > You wrote:Keep in mind that line of thinking is what got us bands like Attack Attack to begin with. No one wanted to put the brakes on Thursday.

This doesn't work. It never has worked. If you're an idiot and drawn to this music, you don't magically get better taste. You just become an idiot with a desire to invent screamo-crunk.
Not sure how serious this is intended to be, but I used to like Silverstein (still kinda do because of the nostalgia) and now I like hardcore. I just grew out of it instead of inventing screamo-crunk haha

Goatsego

Post by Goatsego »

Pete > You wrote:Keep in mind that line of thinking is what got us bands like Attack Attack to begin with. No one wanted to put the brakes on Thursday.

Champion.

thebigmin

Post by thebigmin »