My thoughts on the orchid cover by silverstein

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

Pete > You

Re: My thoughts on the orchid cover by silverstein

Post by Pete > You »

phoenix_crush wrote:
Pete > You wrote:Keep in mind that line of thinking is what got us bands like Attack Attack to begin with. No one wanted to put the brakes on Thursday.

This doesn't work. It never has worked. If you're an idiot and drawn to this music, you don't magically get better taste. You just become an idiot with a desire to invent screamo-crunk.
Not sure how serious this is intended to be, but I used to like Silverstein (still kinda do because of the nostalgia) and now I like hardcore. I just grew out of it instead of inventing screamo-crunk haha
Serious.

I was thinking about what you said when I was typing that, and yeah, you're right, there are people that do what you did, but for every one person like you there are some untold multitude that don't.

Running

Post by Running »

Bands emulate their influences leading to those bands spawning bands that are influenced by them, continuing until you have a 5th 6th generation of this. The most interesting thing is that hardcore screamo has translated years later into the pop version of heavy music. I would've never imagined. The "new wave" of screamo comes in far too late to feel any respect or want to support it, I can't take it seriously, they missed the boat, bad timing, its been over.

Adward

Post by Adward »

I'll listen to it, probably hate it, and not give a single fuck. doing one orchid cover isn't exactly repping skram life.

viva_h8

Post by viva_h8 »

"We had some difficulties learning exactly how these songs were played and adapting them to our own abilities (ex. our Orchid cover "Destination: Blood"). "

fuckin losers.

thebigmin

Post by thebigmin »

viva_h8 wrote:"We had some difficulties learning exactly how these songs were played and adapting them to our own abilities (ex. our Orchid cover "Destination: Blood"). "

fuckin losers.

hahha they really said this....PROVES THE POINT

xdylanx

Post by xdylanx »

thebigmin wrote:
viva_h8 wrote:"We had some difficulties learning exactly how these songs were played and adapting them to our own abilities (ex. our Orchid cover "Destination: Blood"). "

fuckin losers.

hahha they really said this....PROVES THE POINT
Uhhhh.... Orchid is the easiest band to play ever on guitar.

Goatsego

Post by Goatsego »

They forgot how open e octave chords work.

CitizenOfUlysses

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »