My thoughts on the orchid cover by silverstein

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

thebigmin

My thoughts on the orchid cover by silverstein

Post by thebigmin »

Quoted from my comment in the stuff you will hate post

"Silverstein are one of the bands who bastardized hardcore and “Screamo” def paved the way for bands like attack attack and woe is me. I actually liked some of their songs in 2004-05 but them repping skramz is such a joke… Cool bro you collect some Screamo vinyl, have you ever even been involved in the Screamo community? No

You can’t be a hot topic “Screamo” band then rep DIY skramz… is this a double standard since I was in fight fair? No because fight fair is a POP band and wasn’t a fake Screamo band. Also I have been very involved in DIY hardcore for the Past 10 years. What so Silverstein like some entry level skramz so they want to gain some cred from Wave fans by covering teh_orhcidz?(wave fans were very humorously Silverstein/senses fail fans 2-3 years ago) gtfo out of skram life silverstein, what an embarrassment. Long live cmhwak, the wave will crash"

Jakey LIAF

Re: My thoughts on the orchid cover by silverstein

Post by Jakey LIAF »

sometimes i think D attacks screamo just in hopes that you'll respond.

best website though. frequent it.
thebigmin wrote:with a skull split economy like we have right now, this is inevitable

retlawlliw

Post by retlawlliw »

not gonna lie, the part of that song they played in that video didn't sound bad. i'm kind of excited to hear it. it is pretty stupid that they are covering orchid though. i hate to be "that guy," but i hope that this album doesn't bring in a bunch of dumb asses.
when i die 1,000 birds will fly from my mouth

thebigmin

Post by thebigmin »

Im actually best friends with sergeant D we text everyday.

On the note of the Silverstein cover, I'm sure the instrumentals will sound good but their "screamer" does fake screaming technique( a la rise record bands / every warped tour "Screamo" band) doing a real Screamo cover and not doing a real scream in the traditional sense is fucking embarrassing.

Gnarlin Gnartree

Post by Gnarlin Gnartree »

Silverstein covered Kid Dynamite and American Nightmare pretty well in the past. Puzzling how a band who likes good hardcore can make such terrible music.

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

I love the "alex bigmin is butthurt" tag.

neck_cannon

Post by neck_cannon »

Silverstein sucks, The Wave sucks (touche amore, la dispute, pianos become the teeth, all of it, no remorse for that crap), IRL sucks. Skram life is the only thing that matters.

buckytoole

Post by buckytoole »

exactly. silverstein is like 2004 entry level shitty hardcore, the fact they still exist is a tribute to poor taste.

on the topic of a much better band that is clearly obsessing my brain right now because of the news they cancelled their tour.... :(
thebigmin wrote: You can’t be a hot topic “Screamo” band then rep DIY skramz…"
- dtbm2 exclusive hot topic release
thebigmin wrote: [fake screaming] a la rise record bands / every warped tour "Screamo" band
- dgd = rise, also just went on warped tour this summer.

should obviously have an asterisk *except Jon Mess, that dude seems pretty legit. i know you agree.

O)))

Post by O))) »

I don't get why that band is still big. Not so long ago they were headlining in a big venue here. I thought they died around 2009.
fuck that, I don't want to be associated with Canada anymore.

CitizenOfUlysses

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.