It's Just Vanity [free emo download itt]

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

alexander

It's Just Vanity [free emo download itt]

Post by alexander »

is it ok to post non-skramz in this forum? well... I'm BREAKING THE LAW BREAKING THE LAW DEEWW DEWWW.

It's Just Vanity's newest album is free for a week, and you need to listen to it. It's Just Vanity not only challenge Empire! Empire! (I Was A Lonely Estate) and Youth Pictures of Florence Henderson for best recent emo album... this is one of the best emo albums of all time. simply amazing. CHECK IT.

http://thatspunk.net/blog/2010/07/its-j ... om-a-coma/

chris709scott

Re: It's Just Vanity [free emo download itt]

Post by chris709scott »

most emo is generally accepted here I think.

alexander

Post by alexander »

but this is that kind of cute stuff that old people will go "THIS IS NOT EMO EMO IS HEROIN" about, haha. or like that guy from Funeral Diner, who calls post-emo-indie-pop-rock or something, lol.

but anyway, check it out and let me know what you think. most of the response I've seen has been negative, and I have no idea why!

matt

Post by matt »

this isnt emo so why call it emo? its nowhere close.

the music is alright at times but i dont like the vocals. they are not necessarily "bad" (though im not enjoying them) but its a bad recording. it really clashes withthe music since the rest of it all seems to be recorded decently. the vocals sound like they were recorded in a closet with a fisher price toy.

its purely personal but i think the songs go on too long and all generally sound the same. when the music is actually interesting, its really good but for most of it it is just like - boop boop beep beep bop bop for 4 minutes then something cool happens then back to beeping and booping for 4 minutes.

sounds like this town needs gun trying to do post rock with mark kozelek doing vocals on a very very bad day.

i personally wouldnt like it due to the song structure/boring aspect but if the vocals are cleaned up, i see a good number of people enjoying it a lot.

alexander

Post by alexander »

I call it emo because I am "one of those" who think that Mineral and the like are emo, not post-emo-indie-pop-rock or indiemo or noodle rock or this or that. I don't make that differentiation. though I obviously have no hard time making out the difference between Antioch Arrow and American Football. I just view it as two different directions of emo.

not trying to upset you, bro. no harm intended. I understand a lot of people don't like calling stuff like this emo, that's why I was sort of being careful posting it/doubtful whether to post it.

don't see the This Town Needs Gun thing at all, and I like the vocals. I also get into the progressive and epic composition style a lot. where you find it boring, I think it holds suspense masterfully. matter of preference.

in any event, I'm glad you checked it out! :)

alexander

Post by alexander »

they have a new ep out now, and it's seriously great. the first song is GOLDEN. it just explodes into this heart crushing emotional void.

mulder

Post by mulder »

LOL ALEX YOU FUCKING SUCK
there is no happy here