Turn Around Norman/Arms Over Arteries (WV punx content)

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

plagueship

Turn Around Norman/Arms Over Arteries (WV punx content)

Post by plagueship »

first of all, has anyone heard of either of these bands, and second of all does anyone have any of their stuff/ know more than i do about them? i used to have the TAN recordings (i think they only did one or two things like a 7" or 10" and a tour cdr or something...) but haven't been able to find any of their stuff since my old computer died & i sold my records a million yrs ago. ex-members went on to form AOA who were literally one of the best things i've ever seen, but i'm pretty sure they never recorded anything. i don't exactly remember it was like except sort of weird/experimental screamo with mostly female vocals mixing screaming and singing... like a way heavier and more emo submission hold maybe? TAN was sort of more normal, 90s sensitive melodic political emocore thing...

sp, does anyone know where either of these bands' recordings or former members can now be found? they were from Morgantown, WV. the guitarist is the only person i've ever met who actually saw moss icon, or at least the only person i heard about it from... soo jealous.

Pete > You

Re: Turn Around Norman/Arms Over Arteries (WV punx content)

Post by Pete > You »

Marc Devens of The Assistant/This Ship Will Sink/Takaru three -way split infamy was in Turn Around Norman on bass right before they broke up. He teaches English in China now.

plagueship

Post by plagueship »

neat. i'm unaware of the infamy associated with that record?

ifp

Post by ifp »

turn around norman did a split LP with a band called the minus tide. that's probably the best material i've heard from both of those bands.

tim, roger and laura still live in WV last i heard. tim and roger start another band called twelve point buck for a little while.

jeff lives in maryland somewhere and was training in a dojo, doing some serious ju jitsu or something.

marc just got back from china. marc was never on the recordings, but he played bass on their last u.s. tour.

Phil

Post by Phil »

Have the Turn Around Norman split 12 with The Minus Tide. It's pretty good, but I rarely split the TMT side. I heard TAN also had a 7" that is better than their side of the split, but I've never heard that.

I haven't even heard of the second band. :?
brianutatx wrote:You are just a wiener rock apologist. Down with wiener rock occupation and down with Topshelf!

plagueship

Post by plagueship »

Phil wrote:Have the Turn Around Norman split 12 with The Minus Tide. It's pretty good, but I rarely split the TMT side. I heard TAN also had a 7" that is better than their side of the split, but I've never heard that.

I haven't even heard of the second band. :?
yeah i think the 7" is what i used to have. i really liked it- very ebullition-y...

Bentwreck

Post by Bentwreck »

Yeah, was just going to mention the split 12", I have that. Pete, can you remind me again why that 3-way split was 'infamous?' Haha.
Gnarlin Gnartree wrote:Will Killingsworth and Jayson Green traveled to France and brought Screamo back with them. It was being oppressed by the French government.

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

Took years to send people their copies. I'm not even sure if it "fully" came out in that regard. I never asked him about it, but I'm sure there wasn't any malice on his part about it. Still, people were pissed about their pre-orders and such.

Phil

Post by Phil »

Yeah, I had basically heard they sat in basements for years. I bet ifp would know a lot about it since he was in 2/3 of the bands in the split.
brianutatx wrote:You are just a wiener rock apologist. Down with wiener rock occupation and down with Topshelf!

plagueship

Post by plagueship »

i kind of briefly fell in love with the vocalist while AOA was playing. they were too fucking good. would almost literally kill for a video of a live set or something