iwrotehaikusaboutcannibalisminyouryearbook

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

Bentwreck

iwrotehaikusaboutcannibalisminyouryearbook

Post by Bentwreck »

Just want to take a moment to remember how incredibly awesome these guys were, and also how pivotal they were in helping me develop my current musical tastes.

"SURVIVING A BROKEN HEART IS SO HARD! BUT ONCE YOU DO SURVIVE YOU REALIZE THAT YOU ARE SO MUCH STRONGER THAN YOU EVER KNEW!

YOU ARE SO MUCH STRONGER THAN YOU EVER KNEW

YOU ARE SO MUCH STRONGER THAN YOU EVER KNEW"
Gnarlin Gnartree wrote:Will Killingsworth and Jayson Green traveled to France and brought Screamo back with them. It was being oppressed by the French government.

plasticsmilerecords

Re: iwrotehaikusaboutcannibalisminyouryearbook

Post by plasticsmilerecords »

yeah this band gets 5 stars without a doubt. they are a huge influence on my band iwontstopwondering. they defiantly have some of the best lyrics hands down. they pump out so much passion it's not even funny. trei's vocals are like my favorite vocals ever. glad he continued on with beau navire.

CitizenOfUlysses

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xdylanx

Post by xdylanx »

Perfect band. They have the ideal skramz sound imo.

thievesguild

Post by thievesguild »

I'm going to admit here that the name of this band spurred such a mental bias against that I never even gave them a chance.... Am I fucking up here? Pretty sure I even have a release or two on my computer that I could jam really fast to try and play catch up with but I consider that cheating.u
I'm self employed, my boss is a dick so I steal stuff.
http://albumbyalbum.blogspot.com/

Syncope

Post by Syncope »

Do it. They only have a couple of releases to my knowledge, but they're excellent. Members went on to play in Punch, Beau Navire, and ...Who Calls So Loud. So right there you can probably judge the talent of the people involved. The recordings are a bit rough, but try it out.

Bentwreck

Post by Bentwreck »

Alex B sent me the 'discography' a little while ago, which is a compilation of their unreleased LP (hold on a moment, I'm getting to that in a second), their demo, and a split with a band... Can't remember which. 21 tracks in total. These tracks were floating around for a long time with no official release (I don't really know the story behind it to be honest), but last year Val and Discos Huelga put out "Discography," which is actually the first 13 untitled tracks from that "discog" floating around online (I think I got it off of soulseek back in the day before I lost it, I can't remember). That's technically the scrapped LP they worked on but never got a release. I bought a copy off of Val at the Loma Prieta show in Toronto last night, but it looks like they've finally sold out of it on the Discos webstore.

Here's a mediafire link for all 21 songs (LP, demo, split): http://www.mediafire.com/?miykyyrjgmm
Gnarlin Gnartree wrote:Will Killingsworth and Jayson Green traveled to France and brought Screamo back with them. It was being oppressed by the French government.

plasticsmilerecords

Post by plasticsmilerecords »

Bentwreck wrote:Alex B sent me the 'discography' a little while ago, which is a compilation of their unreleased LP (hold on a moment, I'm getting to that in a second), their demo, and a split with a band... Can't remember which. 21 tracks in total. These tracks were floating around for a long time with no official release (I don't really know the story behind it to be honest), but last year Val and Discos Huelga put out "Discography," which is actually the first 13 untitled tracks from that "discog" floating around online (I think I got it off of soulseek back in the day before I lost it, I can't remember). That's technically the scrapped LP they worked on but never got a release. I bought a copy off of Val at the Loma Prieta show in Toronto last night, but it looks like they've finally sold out of it on the Discos webstore.

Here's a mediafire link for all 21 songs (LP, demo, split): http://www.mediafire.com/?miykyyrjgmm
they were going to do a split with she died real pretty. at least that was the internet rumor. idk what happened to that though. my haikus discography adds up to 26 songs. the only shit they put out to the public to my knowledge was that lp on val's label, their e.p. cdr, and then they had like a 5 track rehearsal demo that's posted on old forums. you can make a bootleg cdr of their e.p. btw. a bunch of people scanned the cdr insert haha who knows what other demo tracks they have?! just ask the members if you want some info about the band. i'm sure they would be glad to tell you everything you want to know.

untitled6

Post by untitled6 »

There's the Untitled Demo. 8 songs.
Split that didn't happen. 2 songs.
3 more random demo songs that I can't ascribe to any release.
The LP that Discos Huelga released. 13 songs, all of which are rerecorded versions of the demos, minus the bonus track. Only a couple from the 8 song demo didn't make it on this.

The 21 song mediafire link is: 1-12: from the LP. 13-20: 8 song demo. 21: bonus track from LP. The other 5 demos can be found somewhere else on the net.

Best band ever. Demos? Awesome. LP? Awesome. Live show? Wouldn't know. :(
be excellent to one another

relaxiwontpost

Post by relaxiwontpost »

@bentwreck do I know you from elsewhere? I can't remember talking to you on here.

anyway, here are all the songs that Freddie & Trei ever hooked me up with: http://thatspunk.net/blog/2009/06/iwrot ... scography/. 26 songs in total.

1-12 LP
13-17 LP demo
18-25 first demo
26 bonus track