Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

IamSartre

Re: new peeanus becomes teh teeth

Post by IamSartre »

I'm a fan of it. Before this record I was really only a fan of Houses We Die In

exactly/\\nothing

Post by exactly/\\nothing »

McGoozenheimer wrote:tumblr skramz
omg this is such a thing. although it's usually not the band's fault. a lot of bands get co-opted into being tumblr skramz.

yakbiddalz

Post by yakbiddalz »

It's not a wave, it's an enormous disgusting collective coattail club, and yes tumblr skramz is all too appropriate it's such a bummer.

Also sorry to hurt some feelings, but fuck Topshelf. I try not to be e-critical but this mess is getting really obnoxious.

McGoozenheimer

Post by McGoozenheimer »

yakbiddalz wrote:It's not a wave, it's an enormous disgusting collective coattail club, and yes tumblr skramz is all too appropriate it's such a bummer.

Also sorry to hurt some feelings, but fuck Topshelf. I try not to be e-critical but this mess is getting really obnoxious.
I'm definitely on board with this.

CitizenOfUlysses

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

windowshopforlove

Post by windowshopforlove »

We Were Skeletons are so good. They're mathy in the right way.

Goatsego

Post by Goatsego »

CitizenOfUlysses wrote:
yakbiddalz wrote:It's not a wave, it's an enormous disgusting collective coattail club, and yes tumblr skramz is all too appropriate it's such a bummer.

The Saddest Landscape, We Were Skeletons, and maybe Empire Empire are pretty cool. Other than that, backed hard. Fuck Topshelf.

I was talking to a hardcore kid at a debate tournament, really nice guy, and I mentioned that bands like pianos become the teeth, touche amore, and la dispute annoyed me now. He got a bit uncomfortable (I didn't know anything about his music tastes yet) and then told me he really liked pianos because they were "a breath of fresh air" compared to the breakdownz and tough guy shit he usually was exposed to.

Is sad that some kids think that hardcore that isn't for tough guys only began with the wave :cry:
I'll bet that there are tons of kids with that opinion man.

Josefine

Post by Josefine »

empire is on topshelf? dude from that band runs Cyls records, so that's odd.
We're not using satanic imagery to offend anyone... We're doing it to offend christians.

enoughtostopaheart

Post by enoughtostopaheart »

Josefine wrote:empire is on topshelf? dude from that band runs Cyls records, so that's odd.
i don't think they are necessarily on topshelf only. i'm pretty sure they just put out a 7" for them.

thebigmin

Post by thebigmin »

Goatsego wrote:
CitizenOfUlysses wrote:

The Saddest Landscape, We Were Skeletons, and maybe Empire Empire are pretty cool. Other than that, backed hard. Fuck Topshelf.

I was talking to a hardcore kid at a debate tournament, really nice guy, and I mentioned that bands like pianos become the teeth, touche amore, and la dispute annoyed me now. He got a bit uncomfortable (I didn't know anything about his music tastes yet) and then told me he really liked pianos because they were "a breath of fresh air" compared to the breakdownz and tough guy shit he usually was exposed to.

Is sad that some kids think that hardcore that isn't for tough guys only began with the wave :cry:
I'll bet that there are tons of kids with that opinion man.
so many newjacks.....also loving tumblr skramz genre