au vol - apothecary (jasmine power violins) (tape)

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

neck_cannon

au vol - apothecary (jasmine power violins) (tape)

Post by neck_cannon »

au vol - apothecary

au vol is the collaborative effort of two friends living 17 hours apart, at opposite ends of ontario. apothecary is au vol's second release, taking the duo's textural blend of found sound, live instrumentation and digital derangement in a darker direction. between heaving waves of drone and nausea-inducing noise are glimpses of vertiginous clarity. oscillating between anxiety and sedated calm, apothecary circumscribes experiences with medication, mental illness and drug usage. [edition of 101 cassettes: 74 minutes, october 2011, broken tessitura]

free digital download will be available once we run out of the physical tape copies. please head to auvol.bandcamp.com to order a copy, download it, or listen to the tracks. the cassette is $10 including shipping in canada or the US and includes digital download. digital download only is $5. add $4 if you want to buy flight plan as well.

artwork : by manuel sifuentes (ME)
mastering: by nathan medema
or visit http://brokentessitura.co.nr for more information*.

I had no hand in creating this (aside from making the schizophrenic art) so ALL questions/comments/concerns should be addressed at the broken tessitura website that you can access directly above.

pennyarcade

Re: au vol - apothecary (jasmine power violins) (tape)

Post by pennyarcade »

totally did not know this project was still going. i will definitely be getting a copy. or at least harassing jasmine until she sends me the files!

neck_cannon

Post by neck_cannon »

Yeah they've had their pitfalls (distance being one of them), but I think they're (or just Jasmine) getting ready for another release quite soon.

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

Get her to post on here, she won't listen to me.

neck_cannon

Post by neck_cannon »

she won't! i've given up.