fighting games

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

crockett5o5o

Re: fighting games

Post by crockett5o5o »

Huh, weird. DOA always looked very interactive in terms of the surroundings, at least the newest ones did. Maybe virtual fighter was the game I was talking about?! Was that one on the 64? Well, I would be looking for a 3D one I'm into really good graphics. Not hating on 2D though. Checked out skullgirl on google seems sick, just don't have xbox live. So thisguyisalright and Relemo what would you guys say is the best 3D fighting game that is out there?
riderofbrohan wrote: the Bermuda Triangle of Skram exists as far as i'm concerned.

thisguyisalright

Post by thisguyisalright »

crockett5o5o wrote:Huh, weird. DOA always looked very interactive in terms of the surroundings, at least the newest ones did. Maybe virtual fighter was the game I was talking about?! Was that one on the 64? Well, I would be looking for a 3D one I'm into really good graphics. Not hating on 2D though. Checked out skullgirl on google seems sick, just don't have xbox live. So thisguyisalright and Relemo what would you guys say is the best 3D fighting game that is out there?
Well when we say 2D fighters I and I assume Relemo mean 2D in terms of gameplay. Street Fighter IV and Mortal Kombat 2011 both have 3D graphics but fights take place on a 2D plane and have very quick animations, another characteristic of 2D fighters. I would recommend either of those, but if you want a fighter with 3D gameplay as well (basically amounting to being able to move on the Z axis and more environmental interaction, smoother, longer animations) I'd recommend the Tekken series. The last I played was Tekken 5 and it was great. I haven't played much Virtua Fighter but I hear that game is also pretty swell.

Relemo

Post by Relemo »

Jakey LIAF wrote:dhalsim sucks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrovD_Td ... ata_player

I'd also have to say the tekken series would be good for you, check out tekken tag tournament 2, it just came out pretty recently and it's a lot of fun.
love yourself, no one else will

HULKSwagon

Post by HULKSwagon »

Considering buying a fightstick with persona 4 and blazblu.

Relemo

Post by Relemo »

HULKSwagon wrote:Considering buying a fightstick with persona 4 and blazblu.

I'd recommend the Madcatz TE (tournament edition) arcade stick. It's a bit pricey but it's defiantly worth it. Very durable and will last you a long time. I had mine for about 4 years almost until it finally died, after being in my abusive hands. It was defiantly able to take a beating. Now you don't have to get this, right now I'm using a different brand, Hori. Their Japanese based and make just as good if not better product than madcatz (for some reasons madcatz is like number 1 in the fgc((fighting game community) and has really really good merch). I think the Hori SRK is the equivalent to the madcatz TE. Of course there are tons of other brand of controllers but I thought I'd recommend the top two.

Or

http://eightarc.com/qanba-q4-black

You can go big. The Quanba Q4 is badass, just straight up the shit. It's a bit much to start out with but I'm sure you'll never need another stick again. This is honestly the most ideal stick, because instead of being mono-consel it's a whore and works on Xbox playstation and pc. Fucking cool but it's pretty damn expensive. Regardless of which stick you buy, I highly recommend you get one. Blazeblu is very heavy combo based and takes great execution skills to link your combos. Now persona 4 is also very combo based but it's slightly easier to play/learn. I'd also recommend using an arcade stick for that game.

crockett5o5o

Post by crockett5o5o »

thisguyisalright wrote:Well when we say 2D fighters I and I assume Relemo mean 2D in terms of gameplay. Street Fighter IV and Mortal Kombat 2011 both have 3D graphics but fights take place on a 2D plane and have very quick animations, another characteristic of 2D fighters. I would recommend either of those, but if you want a fighter with 3D gameplay as well (basically amounting to being able to move on the Z axis and more environmental interaction, smoother, longer animations) I'd recommend the Tekken series. The last I played was Tekken 5 and it was great. I haven't played much Virtua Fighter but I hear that game is also pretty swell.
Ha, didn't snap to that being an option (shows my fighting game expertise). Thanks, I will keep those titles in mind. I played both Tekken and Mortal Combat a little bit back in the day.
Relemo wrote:I'd also have to say the tekken series would be good for you, check out tekken tag tournament 2, it just came out pretty recently and it's a lot of fun.
Tekken tag is a plus for sure, thanks.

I've also played Soul Caliber a little bit too, I thought that game was pretty cool. Also, question... has anyone done a fatality move on Mortal Combat? The combo for those are pretty long.
riderofbrohan wrote: the Bermuda Triangle of Skram exists as far as i'm concerned.

WrongHandLane

Post by WrongHandLane »

Soul Caliber and TTTT are great. Where's Budokai 3 though?

Relemo

Post by Relemo »

WrongHandLane wrote:Where's Budokai 3 though?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

captainjazz39

Post by captainjazz39 »

Not a fighting game, but unarmed combat in any Fallout game is awesome.

resuscitaterecords

Post by resuscitaterecords »

I try to stay on top of every soul cal game, i love em but honestly the 5th one has kind of bummed me out. I really really enjoyed 3 and 4 though.