ACxDC full set at CHE CAFE

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

HULKSwagon

ACxDC full set at CHE CAFE

Post by HULKSwagon »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFpan6hwj00
First fight around 10 minutes
Second fight 14:45
Alex Bigman cameo 17:12

thebigmin

Re: ACxDC full set at CHE CAFE

Post by thebigmin »

my cameo is so sick

E.C

Post by E.C »

ACxDC is so good. that's all i gotta say.

Syncope

Post by Syncope »

Haha oh man. People who start fights at shows are the worst. Way to kill music.
That said...
/start of set "Don't be afraid to punch each other"
Poor choice of words.

E.C

Post by E.C »

did he say "punch" or "push"?

Flowersintheattic

Post by Flowersintheattic »

Why they fought?
WE HAVE FROZEN EYES!

HULKSwagon

Post by HULKSwagon »

Pretty whack stuff
Last edited by HULKSwagon on Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

HULKSwagon

Post by HULKSwagon »

Two of the wrong people at the Che Cafe. I am assuming it involved this one big ass bro who just wanted to butt mosh the whole show and this one scene bitch trying to hang out with punk rockers. I am thinking bro guy kept butt moshing into scene girl a few times and instead of moving scene girl started trying to beat the shit out of the dude and I guess the dude actually retaliated back. According to pretty much EVERYONE at the show, it was the girl who started shit but that dude was being an asshole. It sparked lovely facebook drama after the show.
Heres the post and right after will be a breakdown and rebuttal. We have nothing to hide and gladly deal with these issues publicly.

snowdropxvx:

revolution bro style now! acxdc

thanks acxdc last night at the che for stepping in so quickly midset to defend a meathead who intentionally targeted womyn in the pit half his size. its diy, so we should let every show be dominated by a handful of large white men who feel entitled to take up more than their share of space and harm other peoples bodies. the singers words before they played and actions throughout the incident are a sign that even vegan straight edge bands can imagine a punk scene that does not include womyn, smaller or queer men, or people with less access or ability than the meatheads. thanks for showing us what punk rock is all about.

i apologize if this sounds insensitive because of the singers family health, which is a serious issue, but so is a young woman being hit in the head by a big ass dude.

Lets take this step by step.

“thanks acxdc last night at the che for stepping in so quickly midset to defend a meathead who intentionally targeted womyn in the pit half his size. its diy, so we should let every show be dominated by a handful of large white men who feel entitled to take up more than their share of space and harm other peoples bodies.”

This is far from what happened. As we were playing a fight broke out. When you play a show you dont look around to every person in the room to check out how they are interacting and whatnot. You tend to just focus on playing and not getting hit. So the fact that a fight broke out between a man and a woman and we stopped mid set to settle the situation by no means is a defense of being a meat head. In fact its quite the opposite. Asking for peace is not the same as defending war. Just as asking for a fight to stop is not the same as taking sides. It IS diy so we should strive to create a space that fun, inclusive and above all safe for everyone. Which is exactly what was said.

“the singers words before they played and actions throughout the incident are a sign that even vegan straight edge bands can imagine a punk scene that does not include womyn, smaller or queer men, or people with less access or ability than the meatheads. thanks for showing us what punk rock is all about.”

My words and actions are a sign of what? Vegan straightedge band? First of all we are NOT, never have been or ever will be a vegan straightedge band. The reason being that only ONE member of the band is vegan and edge. Again…completely misinformed. Id like to know what words and actions I partook in that made you feel I dont support women, queers, smaller people, or people with less access than “meatheads”. I never used any slur. I never stated that the guy should be allowed to mosh hard or punch women or to stop being a “pussy” or a “fag” or anything REMOTELY similar to that. In fact acxdc has a song called sexual fantasies of biblical figures about my first wet dream being about jesus christ going down on me. Theres a line that rejoices in the feeling of manly prickly beards on my skin. So again what was that about me hating queers? In regards to women not being allowed access i feel youre a bit off as well. In fact the first two messages I received after the fight was from women apologizing for the behavior of the people who fought. Not to mention that the women who did fight STATED THAT SHE STARTED THE FIGHT. This woman also snuck into the venue (according to the staff) and disrespected the female at the front door because she didnt want to pay to get in (again…according to the staff).

“i apologize if this sounds insensitive because of the singers family health, which is a serious issue, but so is a young woman being hit in the head by a big ass dude.”

As I stated directly to the female in the fight (shelbi southgate on the thread discussing this issue on http://www.facebook.com/ACxDC) “I understand that your personal experience was being ruined but all in all the show experience for just about everyone was ruined by this. Considering that we did this to raise money for my baby girls heart surgery it was sort of a let down that it happened. Props for defending yourself BUT next time it would be cool if maybe you got someone to just kick the guy out or move or bring it up with us so that we can step in and talk to the guy so that the bigger issues at hand dont get overlooked is all.” And again for a recap of what actually happened from HER perspective read the thread.

All in all please dont spread rumors on the internet accusing us of being a vegan edge queer hating racist sexist homophobic ableist band because you dont know what youre talking about.

xdylanx

Post by xdylanx »

I read that last night haha. Anyone who uses "womyn" automatically loses my respect.

CitizenOfUlysses

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.