UK Screamo gigs

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

littleleague

UK Screamo gigs

Post by littleleague »

Are there ever really any decent screamo gigs / events going on in the UK?
"i'm not high"

noonward

Re: UK Screamo gigs

Post by noonward »

not really.

maybe bands just don't visit scotland, i'm not sure.

Adward

Post by Adward »

TSL were here a few weeks back, but we don't get all that much love.

AverseBliss

Post by AverseBliss »

There are some good UK screamo/hardcore acts. Ravachol recently did a weekender with Attack! Vipers! and Ravachol are great, We Came Out Like Tigers are playing around the UK in the coming months. I know a lot of people on here don't like them, but CTTS are playing with Kylesa in the UK soon. I wouldn't say we get much love from US bands and stuff, but there's some pretty rad stuff going on in the UK, maybe not what I would describe as skramz, but still rad emotional hardcore stuff.
Where do you live? Best idea is find out local promoters and add/like them on facebook, follow them on twitter/tumblr etc. That's the way I find out about most UK stuff.

Adward

Post by Adward »

AverseBliss wrote:There are some good UK screamo/hardcore acts. Ravachol recently did a weekender with Attack! Vipers! and Ravachol are great, We Came Out Like Tigers are playing around the UK in the coming months. I know a lot of people on here don't like them, but CTTS are playing with Kylesa in the UK soon. I wouldn't say we get much love from US bands and stuff, but there's some pretty rad stuff going on in the UK, maybe not what I would describe as skramz, but still rad emotional hardcore stuff.
Where do you live? Best idea is find out local promoters and add/like them on facebook, follow them on twitter/tumblr etc. That's the way I find out about most UK stuff.
Thanks for the tips man! I'm in the Oxfordshire area, but I head to London pretty often for shows, so I'll have to start giving more bands a look.

littleleague

Post by littleleague »

AverseBliss wrote:There are some good UK screamo/hardcore acts. Ravachol recently did a weekender with Attack! Vipers! and Ravachol are great, We Came Out Like Tigers are playing around the UK in the coming months. I know a lot of people on here don't like them, but CTTS are playing with Kylesa in the UK soon. I wouldn't say we get much love from US bands and stuff, but there's some pretty rad stuff going on in the UK, maybe not what I would describe as skramz, but still rad emotional hardcore stuff.
Awesome, I'd be well up for that! I'm right up in the North West corner of England in Lancashire - so willing to travel most places to see some gigs! You're right about getting to know some promoters, I'll keep that in mind! Thanks a lot dude. If anyone else knows of anything happening, then I think this should be the official place to post stuff going on in the UK from now on!
"i'm not high"

thebigmin

Post by thebigmin »

is what price wonderland still around? I caught them in paris with sed non satiata once, they were sick

Also Kaddish from Scotland is fucking OFF THE HOOK

AverseBliss

Post by AverseBliss »

Veils' release show in London is this Thursday (great UK hardcore band with emotional themes etc), for their EP clarity, some great bands are playing, including For This World Is Hollow and These Hands Have Touched the Sky, who are a really great southwest screamo band, check them out http://thesehandshavetouchedthesky.tumblr.com/. Crocus are a great UK screamo band doing a tour soon for their album release (London show is the 18th of this month), they're playing CMAR this year, do not sleep on them. There's a show in Brighton, it's Touché Amore (I do not approve), but Maths are supporting, I saw them at the Holy Roar Christmas show and they are seriously godlike. We Came Out Like Tigers are also playing that show. Brain Fever are playing the UK soon too. Check that shit out.
Check out Dog Knights Productions for shows in Brighton, Holy Roar are a good record label who do shows and stuff, a lot of the UK promoters and stuff seem to support each other and whatnot, so if you follow them, you can build from there, that's what I did and I seem t find out about stuff reasonably well now.

AverseBliss

Post by AverseBliss »

Haven't checked out What Price, Wonderland? before, or Kaddish, but doing so now. Apparently Kaddish have a split with Battle of Wolf 359, who are also a great band, who are playing with Trainwreck in London (venue currently not confirmed).

littleleague

Post by littleleague »

AverseBliss wrote:Brain Fever are playing the UK soon too. Check that shit out.
Fuck yes. I MUST go, Brain Fever are insane! Thanks for heads up on that one!
"i'm not high"