UK Screamo gigs

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

Phil

Re: UK Screamo gigs

Post by Phil »

vavavampire wrote:If anyone was into WPW, then you could check out my new band (although we're definitely not screamo), ex WPW: http://www.facebook.com/wearebirdcalls

We just released a split 7" with human hands who are my favourite UK band after battle of wolf 359.

As for screamo shows, yeah not a lot, but It's way better than has been the last couple of years. We've had the saddest landscape, we were skeletons, then CTTS, battle of wolf and trainwreck coming up, I'm sure there's more too...
So you're in Bird Calls? That would make you a women hater, right? :lol: I'm thinking of the RVIVR thing. I'm like 99% sure that was your band, but in the case that it was another UK band I feel stupid already.

Haha, I love your split though. What else is in the works?
brianutatx wrote:You are just a wiener rock apologist. Down with wiener rock occupation and down with Topshelf!

vavavampire

Post by vavavampire »

Phil wrote:
vavavampire wrote:If anyone was into WPW, then you could check out my new band (although we're definitely not screamo), ex WPW: http://www.facebook.com/wearebirdcalls

We just released a split 7" with human hands who are my favourite UK band after battle of wolf 359.

As for screamo shows, yeah not a lot, but It's way better than has been the last couple of years. We've had the saddest landscape, we were skeletons, then CTTS, battle of wolf and trainwreck coming up, I'm sure there's more too...
So you're in Bird Calls? That would make you a women hater, right? :lol: I'm thinking of the RVIVR thing. I'm like 99% sure that was your band, but in the case that it was another UK band I feel stupid already.

Yeah dude, that was us haha. For anyone reading this and don't know what went down, we're NOT women haters, we just had beef with that RVIVR band! We have a split 7" (or possibly tape) with small bones from the states, who we're doing a US tour with. That'll be out at the end of March, then we're hopefully gonna do an album.

cutoffmyarms

Post by cutoffmyarms »

noonward wrote:not really.

maybe bands just don't visit scotland, i'm not sure.
where abouts are you from in scotland? kaddish and bonehouse are top dudes, you should definitely go see them whenever they are in your town.
hay

Goatsego

Post by Goatsego »

vavavampire wrote:
Phil wrote:

Yeah dude, that was us haha. For anyone reading this and don't know what went down, we're NOT women haters, we just had beef with that RVIVR band! We have a split 7" (or possibly tape) with small bones from the states, who we're doing a US tour with. That'll be out at the end of March, then we're hopefully gonna do an album.
I had to look this up, what a shitshow :lol:

E.C

Post by E.C »

i adore RVIVR, they all seem like super nice people on a one-to-one basis and their music is hella posi, but they do have that weird form of 'equal rights politics' which is fine when done well, but they just think ALL bands should be a mix of girls/guys, which in turn excludes guys from the music scene...

on another thread, someone nailed it as being 'non-inclusionary inclusionary politics'.