UK Screamo gigs

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

E.C

Re: UK Screamo gigs

Post by E.C »

thebigmin wrote:is what price wonderland still around? I caught them in paris with sed non satiata once, they were sick
Nope!
thebigmin wrote:Also Kaddish from Scotland is fucking OFF THE HOOK

yup. shout out. playing with them next friday.

Rory

Post by Rory »

There's quite a few decent skramz-related bands in Scotland at the moment, most notably Kaddish, Bonehouse (previously Archives/the Fall of Boss Koala), Citizens and Carson Wells.

Also I saw Human Hands recently, they're like an English version of Indian Summer. Super cool.

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

Whatever happened to Cat on Form?

E.C

Post by E.C »

Rory wrote:There's quite a few decent skramz-related bands in Scotland at the moment, most notably Kaddish, Bonehouse (previously Archives/the Fall of Boss Koala), Citizens and Carson Wells.

Also I saw Human Hands recently, they're like an English version of Indian Summer. Super cool.

I would say 'related' is the key word there. Carson Wells and Bonehouse are my bros. Citizens arent really screamo at all, but they rule.

Saw Human Hands the other week as well and they are great, but not quite as good as I hoped when someone said "they sound like indian summer"

Rory, where are you from?!

noonward

Post by noonward »

Rory wrote:There's quite a few decent skramz-related bands in Scotland at the moment, most notably Kaddish, Bonehouse (previously Archives/the Fall of Boss Koala), Citizens and Carson Wells.

cool thanks. it's nice to see bands cut from this cloth up here.

plus there' s a 70s new wave band called Human Hands and i was confused for a split second.

vavavampire

Post by vavavampire »

If anyone was into WPW, then you could check out my new band (although we're definitely not screamo), ex WPW: www.facebook.com/wearebirdcalls

We just released a split 7" with human hands who are my favourite UK band after battle of wolf 359.

As for screamo shows, yeah not a lot, but It's way better than has been the last couple of years. We've had the saddest landscape, we were skeletons, then CTTS, battle of wolf and trainwreck coming up, I'm sure there's more too...

noonward

Post by noonward »

i remember a lot of skramz shows happening here a few years ago when there was a resurgence of the genre. some people forget just how popular CTTS were in 2004 - i couldn't go to any website without everyone being in complete and utter awe of them. shame though that i was underage then (i'm only 18 now, heard CTTS in 2004 so i must have been 11/12 years old? wow).

hopefully there will be another 'wave' of bands and things will pick up here cause i've never been to even a hardcore show yet.

vavavampire

Post by vavavampire »

noonward wrote:i remember a lot of skramz shows happening here a few years ago when there was a resurgence of the genre. some people forget just how popular CTTS were in 2004 - i couldn't go to any website without everyone being in complete and utter awe of them. shame though that i was underage then (i'm only 18 now, heard CTTS in 2004 so i must have been 11/12 years old? wow).

hopefully there will be another 'wave' of bands and things will pick up here cause i've never been to even a hardcore show yet.
What, so you've been into hardcore since 2004, but have never been to a hardcore show. Did I read that wrong?

412Wolfpack

Post by 412Wolfpack »

I was in the UK for a few days
saw Veils and Cavalcades in Manchester, Speedboat Salesmen was also cool

E.C

Post by E.C »

i wouldnt say Cavalcades are screamo tbh