another website: diydl.net, music sharing/blog/links/etc

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

kevin

another website: diydl.net, music sharing/blog/links/etc

Post by kevin »

had to put the music player on hold, since there's no way i could afford to buy hosting for that right now. this, however, is more manageable.

you should sign up for this because registration is most likely going to be closed/invite only eventually, and you can be cool and have an account first.

basically, what the site is now is a catchall music blog where everybody can post whatever they want (links to mediafire/rapidshare/etc). you can set tags on links, and there's going to be comments and shit like some social networking music blog or something. might start hosting file uploads as well as linking to mediafire/etc.

the name is whatever, i used diy to keep it non genre specific and i needed to keep it "underground" so people who are into top 40 don't start using it. wanted to use diylinks, in honor of emolinks, but it was taken.

also interested in a database of links to band sites/reviews/descriptions/etc (again, in honor of emolinks). will probably make it so anyone can review anything. was also going to do a thumbs up/down system for links, to keep them current/decent quality.

you need to sign in to view it, so i made a 'guest' account if you don't feel like signing up...
user: guest
pass: password

word

CitizenOfUlysses

Re: another website: diydl.net, music sharing/blog/links/etc

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kevin

Post by kevin »

thanks brah.

only been working on it for a week or so, coming along pretty quickly. really into that spinning loader thing at the top.

originally wanted to make a "magic" search that would search mediafire/etc like filestube, but that turned out to be damn near impossible, so i had to scratch that.

there's 10gb of storage on there, though... and buying more space is pretty cheap. kind of seems like i have to offer file uploads or all of that space will be wasted

kevin

Post by kevin »

also, that burn idols link makes me realize i need to have a dropdown for "link type" or something like that

neck_cannon

Post by neck_cannon »

oops fucked up and posted the Robots Don't Cry tour cdr after someone else did (possibly after u~~).

derp derp. anywho, AWESOME.

CitizenOfUlysses

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kevin

Post by kevin »

that meegan aloha or whatever song is so good

kevin

Post by kevin »

i'll probably start going through that screamoisdead blog and add everything from there...

need to strip out that download.php bullshit from mediafire, too

dannzac

Post by dannzac »

This is definitely something I'll be keeping up with, awesome job on setting this up kevin :D

gargamel

Post by gargamel »

Sweet! On a side note, if you have the skills, a cmhwak forum app for android and (if you must) IPs would be pretty goddamn cool.