another website: diydl.net, music sharing/blog/links/etc

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

thievesguild

Re: another website: diydl.net, music sharing/blog/links/etc

Post by thievesguild »

Nice I can't believe theres already over 100 posts! Sweet part about the site is android has a winrar clone thats worked on most of the downloads I've tried so far...Also Is there any way of knowing who posted which links or does the site keep that Info private?
I'm self employed, my boss is a dick so I steal stuff.
http://albumbyalbum.blogspot.com/

kevin

Post by kevin »

it keeps track of who posted what, but doesn't display it anywhere yet

brianutatx

Post by brianutatx »

This is awesome. Good Job!

a sugesstion though. I noticed I was able to click on Yaphet Kotto like 10 times and easily rise it to the top of the "popularity" sort. Is there any way to track IP address so it only tracks each user as clicking the link once? I think a one vote system (vote up or down a link) would probably help make this better.

xdylanx

Post by xdylanx »

Clicking most recent, requests and the different sortings isn't working for me. The request thing is a great idea.

kevin

Post by kevin »

brianutatx wrote:This is awesome. Good Job!

a sugesstion though. I noticed I was able to click on Yaphet Kotto like 10 times and easily rise it to the top of the "popularity" sort. Is there any way to track IP address so it only tracks each user as clicking the link once? I think a one vote system (vote up or down a link) would probably help make this better.
yeah i've been thinking about that, just haven't gotten to it quite yet. was going to do the hit count and up/down thing separate, i think, and have them generate recommendations based on tags

kevin

Post by kevin »

...and on an unrelated note, i've been typing "anal" into the url bar to get to google analytics

kevin

Post by kevin »

comments are in! ...but there are a few quirks.

- at the moment, it only works if you have javascript (i'm pretty sure everybody who has looked at the site does, but, it will work regardless soon enough)
- you can enter as many line breaks as you want, which is kind of annoying
- it only displays how many seconds ago the comment was left, from when it was loaded

it's loading the comments as html, but i'm going to switch it over to json eventually. technology is cool.

kevin

Post by kevin »

xdylanx wrote:Clicking most recent, requests and the different sortings isn't working for me. The request thing is a great idea.
didn't see this post before, but yeah, those links don't work yet. they're just hypothetical placeholder links so you know what to expect and so i don't forget to make them work

kevin

Post by kevin »

made a light colored theme and put in a theme switcher on the top panel last night. got sick of looking at a dark screen.

E.C

Post by E.C »

whenever i mention this site to people, i call it "die-dull" in the same way i called CMHWAK "chum-whack" even though neither of those make sense.