another website: diydl.net, music sharing/blog/links/etc

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

CitizenOfUlysses

Re: another website: diydl.net, music sharing/blog/links/etc

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

E.C

Post by E.C »

Goatsego wrote:This is the best website ever made.

thank you

i think it sucks and i hate you.

neck_cannon

Post by neck_cannon »

CitizenOfUlysses wrote: 4chan music boards ... you should get decent traffic from people who don't completely suck at music.
Not going to lie dawg, somehow I'm not completely buying this statement.

I'll put some stuff up on there in a bit.

kevin

Post by kevin »

might have some downtown in a few days. i can't afford hosting and it's about to expire. it's $15 for 3 months, if anybody wants to help out.

in other news:
started work on auto-generated artist pages. pulls all tags and links from diydl, and will probably grab some info from last.fm as well (bios and whatnot). this page will also generate similar artists based on tags.

have also begun using json instead of standard html ajax. the entire site will utilize json pretty soon. FANCY.

CitizenOfUlysses

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goatsego

Post by Goatsego »

E.C wrote:
Goatsego wrote:This is the best website ever made.

thank you

i think it sucks and i hate you.
oh

ok

kevin

Post by kevin »

just put through another big update. version 0.0.6 now.

- you'll notice some sites say trusted. current trusted sites are: bandcamp.com, facebook.com, youtube.com, myspace.com, purevolume.com, soundcloud.com, google.com, and vimeo.com. if anyone can think of more that should be trusted, let me know. i'm sure there's a bunch of other trustworthy sites that might get linked.

- JSON ARTIST PAGES! since this is done with json, it should load realllly fast compared to old fashioned sites (everything will be switched to json soon). these pages are generated automatically when you submit a link, if the page doesn't already exist. i'm pretty stoked on it. it grabs all of the tags from all of the links and sorts them by frequency. the details sections is just a placeholder right now, you cannot add a bio quite yet. debating whether or not to pull data from last.fm for this, and if not available or not relevant, add a field to add our own bio. unfortunately, this depends on the spelling being the same. i'll need to make a map of different spellings eventually. also need to change the way splits and compilations are entered into the database, so that they will show up on all of the artists' pages.

- request page still isn't finished (...haha)

- logging in should redirect you back to the current page, instead of the home page. only working with javascript enabled for now. IF YOU CAN'T LOGIN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! older browsers might not support the way i did this, but older browsers don't really work for the site anyway.