lol at this saddest landscape review.

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

thebigmin

Re: lol at this saddest landscape review.

Post by thebigmin »

wave is so embarrassing :roll:

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

Real talk:

Do you guys think that all music journalists just have aphasia? Or maybe took too many punches to the head?

Adward

Post by Adward »

dearericiquit wrote:After I read that review I actually googled From Autumn to Ashes because I forgot what they sound like. Kinda wish I still didn't remember.

Anyway, I hear the whole, "How come they don't sound like this anymore?" complaint from everyone on every band (I'm even a guilty party). I joined TSL a few years ago based their more recent efforts and how great they are as people. If you think a band is going to sound exactly the same after 10 years you may have to reevaluate your expectations on music, but we also know we can't please everyone.

Thanks for the support. We are humbled by the response to this record.

P.S. Come talk to us at shows and if you want to hear old songs we still play some of them.
legit. only seen you guys once (london show in jan), but you still kicked ass. I'd be kinda disappointed if you guys still played the exact same stuff as you did back then.

personally, I love the new album (euro tour press for vinyl nerds), and although I was patchy on You Will Not Survive, this record is defo up there for this year.

E.C

Post by E.C »

I recorded this video when i saw them last month. playing an old song, and it's pretty intense so idk what you're talking about!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smJ0KDNp7Ek

eatdogs

Post by eatdogs »

I write reviews for that site. I know the reviewer who wrote that "masterpiece" of music journalism. The writer is a joke and is some poor soul caught up in the wave of scene screamo bands. He always comes off as awkward when he mentions bands in comparison. I'm not the best writer either, but still...

I'm going to be a bit more mean and post this link for his most famous review. We use the phrase, "classic renaldo" because the kid just says classic lines that give the lol's.

http://www.punknews.org/review/10679
Last edited by eatdogs on Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"i don't care, we're just far..."

xdylanx

Post by xdylanx »

That band Troubled Coast is mentioned is so bad. They're like La Dispute with butt rock choruses.

CitizenOfUlysses

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

exactly/\\nothing

Post by exactly/\\nothing »

dearericiquit wrote:P.S. Come talk to us at shows and if you want to hear old songs we still play some of them.
I totally asked you guys to play "A Statue of a Girl," and all you said to me was, "I hate playing that song, it gets so old." :cry:

dearericiquit

Post by dearericiquit »

exactly/\nothing wrote:
dearericiquit wrote:P.S. Come talk to us at shows and if you want to hear old songs we still play some of them.
I totally asked you guys to play "A Statue of a Girl," and all you said to me was, "I hate playing that song, it gets so old." :cry:
Key word in that sentence is some. If I said that it was probably because we haven't practiced it and I tend to blurt things out. Sorry, hope we played something you did like.

kunoichi

Post by kunoichi »

I'm just going to say that I lol'd at "Desperate VESPAS"
Makes me wonder if the author really listened to the entire album.