lol at this saddest landscape review.

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

gargamel

lol at this saddest landscape review.

Post by gargamel »

http://www.punknews.org/review/10954
They compare saddest landscape to every wave band out there, plus fear before the March of flames, dillinger escape plan, from autumn to ashes, and ctts. I got a kick out of this. Lame and weird that the idiot from la dispute did the album art. I hope tsls isn't going to continue doing shit with that crappy little scene. The split with pianos was enough. Okay I'm done.

Syncope

Re: lol at this saddest landscape review.

Post by Syncope »

I kinda miss how they used to be. That really sad/heart breaking feeling from their old songs seems completely lost now. I actually felt that the singer was tortured with his delivery of those lyrics. I don't get that vibe from their new stuff, doesn't have the same heart. NOT ENOUGH EMOZ.

CitizenOfUlysses

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vavavampire

Post by vavavampire »

I still love the saddest landscape. Saw them twice recently and they fucking smashed it. I don't think they've changed their sound THAT much and are still pretty much as good as they always were. Which is why I find it weird that they have got into that whole 'big' screamo scene. But whatever, good luck to them if it means they can tour more and stuff, just weird that after like 10 years of writing stuff, they finally get really popular, without dramatically changing their sound.

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

Music "journalists". :roll:

Jakey LIAF

Post by Jakey LIAF »

vavavampire wrote:I still love the saddest landscape. Saw them twice recently and they fucking smashed it. I don't think they've changed their sound THAT much and are still pretty much as good as they always were.
this.

you are insane if you were a fan of the "old" saddest landscape and don't think that the "new" saddest landscape measures up. good dudes/backed hard.
thebigmin wrote:with a skull split economy like we have right now, this is inevitable

Phil

Post by Phil »

I really like their newest album. It sounds to me like they took their classic style, but play it with more interesting and creative instrumentation without altering the general structure of the songs. They also seem to up the technicallity without playing more of that Tumblrmo wankery.

I wouldn't compare it to any of the bands mentioned, but I would say that the art is kinda iffy. I like the style of Lift Your Burdens the best.
brianutatx wrote:You are just a wiener rock apologist. Down with wiener rock occupation and down with Topshelf!

gargamel

Post by gargamel »

Yeah I definitely did not mean to imply that the band has somehow lost credibility. I love this band and was way stalked to finally see them last year. Just wanted to share what I rupture was a hilarious review of a rad band.

xdylanx

Post by xdylanx »

Syncope wrote:I kinda miss how they used to be. That really sad/heart breaking feeling from their old songs seems completely lost now. I actually felt that the singer was tortured with his delivery of those lyrics. I don't get that vibe from their new stuff, doesn't have the same heart. NOT ENOUGH EMOZ.
I like the new stuff and they are definitely still this way if you see them. They do have a lot of lame tumblr wave fans and that album cover is horrible though.

dearericiquit

Post by dearericiquit »

After I read that review I actually googled From Autumn to Ashes because I forgot what they sound like. Kinda wish I still didn't remember.

Anyway, I hear the whole, "How come they don't sound like this anymore?" complaint from everyone on every band (I'm even a guilty party). I joined TSL a few years ago based their more recent efforts and how great they are as people. If you think a band is going to sound exactly the same after 10 years you may have to reevaluate your expectations on music, but we also know we can't please everyone.

Thanks for the support. We are humbled by the response to this record.

P.S. Come talk to us at shows and if you want to hear old songs we still play some of them.